• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Long Tours with F800ST

My wife and I rode two up Orlando to San Francisco on our 2008 F800ST, twice.
I rode the same route solo in four and a half days; no problem.
We are both in our late 70's.

Now that's what I like to hear! I'm 57 and was wondering if I'm getting too old for long trips. Maybe I have a couple of decades to go!!! :brad

Old thread. The original post was January, 2008. I bought the OP's bike in January, 09 with about 3400 miles on it. I rode it in 49 states, most of them a couple of times. I hit all 50 in 2010, but had to rent a BMW in Hawaii. Sold it in May, I think, with about 46K on it. The only failures were a bad fuel pump and the coolant pump started to leak, replaced before sale.

They're just fine for long distance. Very comfortable. Best stock seat I've ever sat on for any length of time, luggage works good enough. ect.

Other than a weak stator that has a tendency to burn up after 30 or 40k and some rear wheel bearing issues on that single sided swing arm in the early models. I've only had the stator problem my rear wheel bearings are still going strong. Really like the belt drive also.

408361_4558748572895_169060885_n.jpg

644273_4558791093958_424975607_n.jpg

Back