• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA photo suggestion

ihint

I frequently find myself going to the Adv Rider website to view the slideshow of pictures they have before you enter the site. Take a look if you haven't...they are GREAT pictures.

http://www.advrider.com/

I think MOA should do something similar, but just not at the beginning of the site. There should be a link to click and a slideshow begins.

I know there are alot of photos on the forums, but if you are just in the mood to look at pictures this can get frustrating sorting through all the posts with several of the same pictures repeated.

Coming from a group like the MOA, a slideshow of member submitted photos would be quite the show. It would be something I would like viewing. I know ( or atleast I think) that I have some great photos...I'm sure all of you do as well.

slideshows

Very good idea. Let's see what we can do.

Vince
Media Editor, BMW MOA

search on "ShizamSlides" and you will see that this code is being used in a lot of places in addition to ADVrider.... it looks like it is designed to work in conjunction with SmugMug album.

our picture of the week is hosted on smugmug... this might be a good place to put this idea into action.

ian

On Adventure Rider I think the front page photos have to be nominated by someone other than the poster. The photos on the front page are always awesome high quality photos. I love the idea though. I was having a party once with some riding friends and I had my laptop out with the ADVR front page open just scrolling the pictures. It was a big hit.

i believe there is a slide show when you open the rounders site too. i can check what they're using.

btw, gonna move this to the photo forum

On Adventure Rider I think the front page photos have to be nominated by someone other than the poster. The photos on the front page are always awesome high quality photos. I love the idea though. I was having a party once with some riding friends and I had my laptop out with the ADVR front page open just scrolling the pictures. It was a big hit.

The admins select them and add them to the rotation. The mod forum has a thread where nominees are placed. Admins take suggestions from the mods, who copy them there. It works pretty well.

There's also a thread in their equivalent of the "How Do I" forum where people can park their nominees.

Along those same lines I'm thinking of compiling the current free association thread as that would make an excellent slide show. Along with the best of 2007 assignments thread that I have already complied, it would be fun to have them run at the rally this summer up on a screen somewhere, maybe between events or whatever if they have a projection system in any of the halls, which I would image they would. Or just offer them a link on main site here. Might help promote the photo forum.:D

RM

Back