• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Garmin 2730/2720/2610 Question

I just offered $170 on ebay for the 2610. Map updates guarenteed, plus 1 yr factory warranty.

I previously owned a 2610 and it is a fine unit for under $200. I now own a Zumo 450. In my opinion, there are a few advantages of the Zumo over the 26xx/27xx/28xx series units that need to be considered. They are: Touch screen on the Zumo has bigger buttons and a much lighter touch (good for gloves), screen is bigger and brighter, motorcycle mount is included, zumo has a battery so it won't shut off when buying gas (solve this with the 2610 by connecting directly to battery, but then it won't shut off when you want it to). Something to think about.

Here is a reconditioned 2610 from buy.com for $179.99 with free shipping. Deal!

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=90125935&adid=17654&dcaid=17654

Richard, you beat me to it. Great price with free shipping to boot. Still, I feel like the deal I got at EdgeGPS was excellent as well.

The update process on the web site is a bit confusing. Once you go though it, it will be easier the second time. Garmin will say that the DVD will arrive in 6-8 weeks. For us, it was about a week for the new discs to arrive. (I also updated my wife's NuVi 350. They are sweet units.)

I didn't sweat the 2GB Compact Flash card. I bought a Transcend card from Amazon for $12. SanDisk cards are nice, but I've had good luck with other brands as well. If you order the 2610 from buy.com, add a Compact Flash card while you're at it. They have deals on them all the time.

Once I get the Centech AP-2 kit from Eastern Beaver, I'll be golden. I can't wait to get the bike hooked up.

Finally got my 2610 ordered. $179.00 Canadian, about $176.00 American+shippin and taxes. Now havin done that what do you guy's suggest re: wiring.

The only thing that makes sense to me is using the Garmin m/c mount. There are two kinds at about the same price. One is for handle bar mounting and the other for flat surfaces.
Comes with the power wiring and in line fuse.
Also has a semi-secure feature to make it hard to steal without wrecking it.

Finally got my 2610 ordered. $179.00 Canadian, about $176.00 American+shippin and taxes. Now havin done that what do you guy's suggest re: wiring.

Check out my post earlier in this thread for how I mounted it...but if you're just worrying about the wiring then here ya go! I bought the cord from Powerlet products and just wired it direct to the battery...works great!!

Anyway, I bought the power cable here.
Hope this helps...

gps newbie

heh heh heh....
based on this thread i bougth a good used 2610 on ebay. $175
it arrived monday and i've been playing with it on the commute to and from the office in the car.
this thing is cool.
it has a 2 GB card on board with v8 maps installed.
will mount it this weekend on the bike.
Georgia Mt Rally, here i come.
Life is gggooooooodddddd.

I'm in the market for a new GPS as well. Can you please share where you found the 2730 for $450?.

Thanks.

Can't answer your GPS question, however just purchased a bike after 20 year, been considering GPS also, let me know what is good, bike has Garman mount now.
Is there a BMW group around here, I live in Wyoming, Ontario? Can't fgind any info is there a website listing clubs in area?

Is there a BMW group around here, I live in Wyoming, Ontario? Can't fgind any info is there a website listing clubs in area?

Forest City BMW Riders of Southwestern Ontario. Meets the 2nd Sunday of each month, 9:00 a.m. at the Family Restaurant on Exeter Road at Wellington Road. Drop Hubert a line at hlaurin@rogers.com. He might not be able to get back to you until next week. Cheers.

Back