• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Lets beat the old horse...

twins4life

Here we go again, what lube is best for the clutch splines?

I have:
1. Lubriplate (yellow grease)
2. Antiseize
3. BMW spec spline lube
4. Honda Moly 60
5. Valvoline "Red" grease
6. Homers duck butter Listed by accident, dont really have any in stock

My first choice would be Lubriplate
My least favorite choice would be antiseize

I'm just trying to get it right the first time...

Last edited:
I would favor the Honda Moly 60 from that list. Lubriplate is a brand name, as I recall, and the specific characteristics of what you have would be my question. Extreme pressure? Anti-corrosive? Water resistant? etc.

Honda Moly 60 for me also....even if it gets on everything from tools to my face by the time I am through:laugh Just used it last night putting the 95 back together

Thats funny!

I never looked up "duck butter" before, just heard the term before by someone. I assumed it was a sarcastic term for overly enthusiastic people who relentlessly push their favorite brand.

Yikes, scratch duck butter off of my list...

Back