• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

my first rally

I apologize for not clarifying. With my reference to "room to breathe", everything where I live is jam packed with people i.e. lines, crowds etc.

As far as rallies go, I think the MOA isn't overly congested, which is saying lots as it's by far the biggest rally I support.

I think generally, lines aren't bad, except demos (I believe you have to get up pretty early and wait in line to sign up), and i also believe the MOA coffee line can get long. Other than that, they are expecting 6k or more folks, so you certainly won't be isolated.

You'll get some crowding at the final ceremony, band stage, etc.

I've rectified the coffee issues for Sherpa customers, I provide coffee myself. Usually, there's no line there. I encourage Sherpa customers to shoot on site any non-Sherpa coffee poachers (usually no shortage of those!).

For Sherpa Mayberry

Ted does a real nice job, loved his service in VT. Even though the tents are very close together, I recommend his service from a convenience perspective of not having to lugg all your camping stuff along. Unless you're camping on the way, of course. Most of the camping area becomes "close quarters" anyway. There's a shot from 2006 here. http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=17793

Back