• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Big Sur Camping

burnszilla

Sharon and I rode down the coast Saturday morning to Kirk Creek Campground.
But first we stopped at the Wagon Wheel on Carmel Valley Rd.
Eggs Benedict...
2210108244_261fa592e9_b.jpg

Sharon resting at the Fernwood Resort...
2210109598_7e19fb075c_b.jpg

The weather was perfect with temps in the mid sixties...
2210110396_66f3f06260_b.jpg

After setting up the tent we climbed down to the beach...
Soaker!
2209335929_5e095999a7_b.jpg

2210115254_11d1456151_b.jpg

We sat on the bluff and watched the earth spin...
2209330133_dcef4dff26_b.jpg

An almost full moon filled the sky.
2210132212_427bf90ee7_b.jpg

Our campsite came with a free Australian Shepard, Artemus. He loved to fetch.
Passers by wondered how we got the the dog on the bike.
2210133952_640d723794_b.jpg

On the way home we stopped to see McWay Falls...
2209341425_7b4fb1c133_b.jpg

2209342949_705d00c491_b.jpg

The full monty...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/burnszilla/sets/72157603770182493/

Last edited:
Fantastic pics Burns! I like the beach pebbles and the tent/moon pic the best...

Glad you guys got out and had a good time - thanks for sharing!

Great photos of what was--by all appearances--a great time. Oh that I could have joined you. . . . Thanks for having us all along.

Wagon Wheel! :thumb :thumb

One of my faves. I like the little joint next to the Safeway a little further out Carmel Valley Road, too. They make their own granola and it's wonderful.

WOW! Gorgeous scenery. Even on the best days here in Illinois the scenery pales by comparison. Thank you for sharing!

Nice

Makes me homesick. I've seen those falls but never knew their name. Have you ever checked out Andrew Molera state park, just before Pfeiffer Big Sur on the coast side? It's a walk-in site so the moto would be unattended which could be a bad thing. But it's a beautiful area, Big Sur Creek goes past the edge of the meadow where camping is allowed and dumps into the Pacific (nice surf break!). It's also on the migratory path of the monarch. Great hiking trails along the coastal bluffs. It's one of the better places to rent horses and ride on the beach, you know, if you have one of those white cotton button down shirts and a Fabio wig.......... anyway, what great weather!!! it's raining here.......again.......... thanks for posting!

And the weather looks great!

Wagon Wheel == sit at the counter. Great place.

how'd you like your new tent?

thanks for the great pics, too!

ian

The tent was awesome. I don't know how they could call it a 3 person though. High quality zippers. Pitches easily. You can open the fly vents thru a zipper from inside the tent. Color coded straps to indicate which poles go where.

2209340521_2af84b08e5_b.jpg

Mid sixties - boy, that sounds nice. Thanks for the report and pictures. It brightens up a dreary day.

The video of the trip...
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6n4gkS_Dk7w&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6n4gkS_Dk7w&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Nice!!!!

Dude!!!! I can hear "Home For Sale" signs being pounded into the frozen tundra across North America!!!!! That was really good. I had my 5 year old daughter in my lap watching it and I said, " this is better than a bed time story". She replied, " yes, it's really nice.." You really captured the essence of that part of the Golden State, well done!

The tent was awesome. I don't know how they could call it a 3 person though. High quality zippers. Pitches easily. You can open the fly vents thru a zipper from inside the tent. Color coded straps to indicate which poles go where.

2209340521_2af84b08e5_b.jpg

gorgeous campsite... or is that your backyard?????

Back