• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Favorite Bike Portrait

Making my way though 500 pics from PA...this is a favorite, in the middle of the woods on a hot day

5980124430_2f0453aa55_b.jpg

Ha Gsteve, I saw that same bike at the Bloomsburg Rally too, and have that exact shot myself! It sure is a nice paint job!

Kevin,

I'm partial to the stock paint job on your KRS, probably one of the best combos BMW ever put together.

Steve

Wow! This one and the companion picture in One Day Ride are stunning. I just keep looking at them. Unreal.

WW II German Soldier

This photo was taken by a German soldier. My dad captured a group of Germans in WWII and confiscated this guys camera, this is one of many interesting photos he had develped.
Tough looking guy and some good looking gear and bike.............you have to admit a good setup, no matter the situation.

Attachments

• bmw_german.jpg
    bmw_german.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 589
Great photos

Just a thought. I wonder if the numbers on the soldier's bike could be traced? There is a story there somewhere.

Regarding photo

I had several guys that have written books on WWII look at the roll of film and are very certain this is around the post 1939 invasion to the East, some photos showed Kiev and other Ukraine cities and parts of Hungary. You can see in the background the diffrent types of uniforms, not German. I tried to get the German Embassy to take a look at this roll of film, it has many German graves burying fellow soldiers, they showed no interest in the photos at all..........somewhere the German families would like to see these lost graves and photos, the graves actually have readable names etc........typical government BS.

I'm not surprised the government bureaucrats are not interested. That would be extra work. It is a powerful view of our collective past. Those were terrible times that called on ordinary people to do extraordinary things. Their stories deserve to be told. Too bad most people are so caught up in today they ignore history. Thanks for posting it.

Testing the GS Limits

The Chief Joseph Hwy in the extreme...;)

All kidding aside, the Chief Joseph Hwy in Wyoming is awesome.

Attachments

• Off the Cliff Wyoming - Copy.jpg
    Off the Cliff Wyoming - Copy.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 478
just fooling around with the cam!

Attachments

• IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 470
Independence Pass

Crossing the continental divide between Aspen and Twin Lakes. A must ride in Colorado.

Attachments

• IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 403
Iowa

The middle of no where, a great place to be. Beats the heck out of crossing the country on Interstate 70.

Attachments

• IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 403
Riding hundreds of miles of dirt in Mexico's Copper Canyon with my Fellow AZ Beemers!

I am just glad I can still ride dirt at age 63; here I am on mi "Salma Hayek", 2009 F650GS Twin, high above Mexico's Copper Canyon; 500 miles of dirt with AZB MOA #89!!

1104575856_Nfueb-L.jpg

Back