• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tell us about yourself and your bike!

Another New Guy

Hello,

I have been floating around the forum for a couple of months now and made a few posts so I guess I should introduce myself. I live in Arizona in the Metro Phoenix area. I have been riding off and on for about fourteen years now. I always wanted to ride a motorcycle but my parents were always worried about my safety.

Well I showed them and became a police officer and three years later became a motor cop. I rode for about five years until I was promoted and thrown back into a car. I really missed the ride and after four years my wife gave me the nod to buy a motorcycle.

Honestly, I always felt BMW's were ugly and never considered them. But after learning the safety features and taking a ride on one, every other type of motorcycle is ugly now and I love my '04 1150rt (Blue).

I really enjoy the forum and appreciate all the expert help. Can't wait to meet everyone thinking about riding to Lima. Long way but maybe I can hook up and ride with someone from Arizona.

Later,

Welcome aboard Noah. Glad to learn you have a great motorcycle to help you get through the nasty winters in Phoenix.

Introduction

Hi All, I'm Steve from Northern Ontario,Sault Ste Marie, This RT is TUNDRA Greeen,one of the best colours.When I bought it (over the 'net) my wife and I thought the colour was Glacier Green and the camera colour was off....,went to Montreal bought it,everything turned out great.See you all in Lima

millbert said:
Hi All, I'm Steve from Northern Ontario,Sault Ste Marie, This RT is TUNDRA Greeen,one of the best colours.When I bought it (over the 'net) my wife and I thought the colour was Glacier Green and the camera colour was off....,went to Montreal bought it,everything turned out great.See you all in Lima

thanks steve,
your the first one able to tell me what color my bike is :twirl

Thanks,
Well,after 9 tries,I finally got a picture out...Steve,Tundra Green :doh

Attachments

• IMG_0069.bmp
    147.8 KB · Views: 670
Sears Allstate

Blue Knight, a Sears Allstate was a rebadged Vespa 125 that Sears sold under it Allstate brand back in the 60's.

Italian Girl-Meet and Greet

I brought my new Italian girl home to meet Gina today. Whaddya think? :wow
She's an '81 Guzzi V-50 Monza. With TWENTY-THREE HUNDRED miles!!!!

So now I've got:
250CC - Ducati Narrow Case Monza
350CC - Ducati Scrambler and Bultaco Alpina
400CC - 2 Yamaha RD 400 Daytona Specials
500CC - New V-50
600CC - R60/5
650CC - F650
750CC - K75RT and R75/5 (I like 750s)
~1000CC-Triumph Sprint ST (955CC)

All that's left is a 50CC (Probably an Aprilia RS50), a 125CC (I'm hoping a Euro 2 stroke SuperMotard like a Beta or a Gilera will come my way) and last but not least, an R80GS. (I'm drawing the line at a liter, otherwise I'd have to have a bunch of Harleys and a Triumph RocketIII)

I think I need help! :dunno

Attachments

• Webgreet.jpg
    Webgreet.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 648
Yup you need help

Great looking Guzzi. Quite a stable. I think a 12 step program and a couple of weekend follow ups and you will be cured. ;)

BradfordBenn said:
Very cool. So when I show up for a work visit in February, which one is mine?

See the little pink Puch in the back leaning against the tree? I hope I can get that one runnin' by February. :thumb

Actually, I forgot about that one, I guess I DON'T need an Aprilia after all. Yeah right. I got the Puch in the M-G deal, along with two titled frames, two engine/trans's (matching numbers with the frames/titles) and boxes and boxes of misc parts. (Anyone looking for a Guzzi project?)

Seriously BB, get in touch when you're headed out.

Hell Everyone

Our BMW intro

This past Feb. @ the Maryland State Fairgrounds, my wife and I went to the bike show they had. I wanted to get back into riding, and we went to see what was good for both of us since my wife has back problems. I have had a few different bikes in my time but I seemed to generate to HD, and they were the first to meet you going in the door. They have nice bikes and we looked at all of the ones I thought would be good for long distance riding. We looked at the Road King Custom, Heritage Softail, and the Ultra's. Well, we founf out that although the bikes we were looking at were good bikes, they might not be comfortable for my wife with distance. My wife used to ride on her ex's Ultra and seemed to bother her when they went for the day.

Ok, so since we might not get an HD, my wife strolled to the BMW dealer (Bob's BMW) that was behind HD. She came up to me while I was still talking to the HD rep and mentioned that I should see the BMW (that I know own) that they have. So we go back to the were she was and BAM!!! when I looked at the R1200CLC in Capri Blue, that was it, I did not want to look for another bike. After talking to the salesman for a good 45 minutes, we went looking around the show and still talking about that beemer.

Before we left we went back to the BMW bike that cought our attention and just fell more in love with it. That was on a Saturday, that following Wed., I went to the Dealer and bought that bike from the show and the rest is history.

My wife and I went on the Ride the Ridge Rally in Asheville. NC hosted by The Biltmore Estate. I think they should have done a better job getting the word out about the rally, but it was a great time even with the rain.

We left June 21st for our trip, heading down I95 South to hit 81 South. Along the way we decided to go off the beaten path, as any rider should do, and took Skyline Drive that morning. What a beautiful ride that was, just as we entered the drive we were greeted by a deer just feeding at the sign. We also met a couple just entering, it was nice to have another couple to ride with.

To make a long story short, the trip took us through 4 states including our starting point, MD.

Riding through VA, Tenn and NC was the most beaytiful country we have seen. We went to Deals Gap and rode as well video taped, Tail of the Dragon.
The round trip total was 1950 miles which my wife did a great job as copilot and companian. The bike did great and with spending 17hrs on the bike the first day, my wife's back did not ache from the ride and that was a very important part considering that I want my copilot with me on as many rides as possible.

We are already planning to go to either the rally in Lima, Ohio or the one in Shelbyville, Tenn. She has not been to Ohio, so we might go there, not sure yet.

Have a great ride...

Dave & Phyllis Corbell

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dave and Phyl on skyline drive.jpg
    Dave and Phyl on skyline drive.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 586
welcome aboard. your story is just one more example of love at first sight! bravo.

dlearl said:
I brought my new Italian girl home to meet Gina today. Whaddya think? :wow
She's an '81 Guzzi V-50 Monza. With TWENTY-THREE HUNDRED miles!!!!

So now I've got:
250CC - Ducati Narrow Case Monza
350CC - Ducati Scrambler and Bultaco Alpina
400CC - 2 Yamaha RD 400 Daytona Specials
500CC - New V-50
600CC - R60/5
650CC - F650
750CC - K75RT and R75/5 (I like 750s)
~1000CC-Triumph Sprint ST (955CC)

All that's left is a 50CC (Probably an Aprilia RS50), a 125CC (I'm hoping a Euro 2 stroke SuperMotard like a Beta or a Gilera will come my way) and last but not least, an R80GS. (I'm drawing the line at a liter, otherwise I'd have to have a bunch of Harleys and a Triumph RocketIII)

I think I need help! :dunno

Nice bike!!! :thumb , but how about that Alfa Romeo GTV in the background????

my turn....

Since nobody's posted in a while, I guess I'll step up and introduce myself. Hello, I'm Jackie and I ride a 1999 Glacier Green R1100RT named GiGi. I will get my 100,000 mile award in 2005 and am very excited about that. :D I live in the Portland, Oregon area and have attended the Redmond and Spokane national rallies.

I'll paste a little story that pretty much sums up my feelings about my ride:

I have a confession ÔÇô IÔÇÖm a looker. I canÔÇÖt stop looking at my RT even after four years of ownership. When I park my RT in a parking lot and start walking away, I have to turn and look back at her, just to reassure myself sheÔÇÖs there. Riding by reflective windows causes me to glance over and see her reflection in the glass. Same with a sun hanging low in the dusky sky. I have to check out our shadow dancing alongside us on the embankment or wheat field ÔÇô whatever we may be near. No matter where I go or where sheÔÇÖs at, I look. And I smile.

I look at other vehicles, too. I sometimes want to make eye contact with the driver to verify that they have seen me. The looks I get back are interesting to note; they definitely like looking at my RT, too. Little kids are also very often interested in looking at my RT. When I see their excited faces pressed against the glass I wave at them and get a frenzied wave back. I was once there ÔÇô wanting to be on a cool bike instead of in a slow cage.

One time while walking out of a restaurant in Newport, Oregon, I looked at my RT in the parking space, and noticed an elderly man walking around her looking at her. He asked politely if she was mine and said ÔÇ£I canÔÇÖt take my eyes off her!ÔÇØ I laughed and said ÔÇ£Neither can I!ÔÇØ In our short conversation I learned this man had walked from the eastern coast of the United States to the west coast, recently completing his trip in Newport. Even if their feet hurt, theyÔÇÖre not too tired to look her over. I have met some of the most interesting people while being with my RT. And I had to smile.

I sometimes go out to my garage to look at her and admire her color and her lines. Sometimes I just sit on her and polish her. When I back my car into the garage next to her I look over and comment how beautiful she is. SheÔÇÖs my earth-based rocket ship, tapping her tire, waiting for us to go out again.

I love to look at other motors as they ride by, and I wave. I like having the common bond of riding and acknowledging them. ItÔÇÖs our own family with many different people in different places of their motorcycling journey. I enjoy meeting people like Dan Rogers, who rides for a worthy cause; or Ken Wood and Zeke, from the national rally; and Dick Frantz with his seemingly infinite wisdom on so many things. And Leonb, my international RT connection, who has shown me the metric side of riding. Who wouldnÔÇÖt smile?

I read a few motorcycle magazines, and according to the recent poll of BMWON I am too young, donÔÇÖt make enough money, and am the wrong gender to own this fabulous machine.

I think IÔÇÖll go for a ride.

And I smile.

( I would post more, but I'm trying to get that drunk guy to walk further than 37m without falling down!!!!)

~jackie
'99 glacier green RT GiGi aka "PSYCHL"
PDX
well behaved women rarely make history...
Blue Knights Oregon I, IBA #16940

Welcome

Hi Jackie (and GiGi)
Portland Oregon (and Southern Washington) seems to have a strong representation in the MOA. I hope to see you around. :wave

yo jackie. so, where is a picture of GiGi? we likes to look at purty bikes, too!
welcome aboard. good intro stories. hope you get as much out of this forum as i have. congrats on all the beemer miles.

Back