• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tell us about yourself and your bike!

Mfifer ! Thanks for the welcome.

Lets hope the winter doesn't drag on like it did last year...it was nearly May before the snow was gone in the bush.

We waited until mid May before our first good run,,,,, 1200 KMs mostly off road in four days. Lots of mud and rain and the odd snow shower.

my name is George Forman, i live in Westchester Co. NY and no, i do not sell grills for a living......LOL. what i do is drive a garbage truck and i have been doing that for the past 25 years. i started riding dirt bikes in my teens and moved on to many different road bikes over the years. my current ride is a '07 F650GS, and it is my first BMW. i have my little 650 set up perfectly for me. i have added a set of Jesse boxes, a Givi top box, Mr. Ed's custom seat, throttlemister, stebel horn, PIAA lights, BMW hand guards, TT chain guard, RKA tank bag, Ermax windscren which will be replaced in the next day or two with a parabellum for the winter riding season. i attended my first BMW rally at Rhinebeck NY (airheads at the aerodrome) this summer, then rode to the national in Gillette and finished off the rally season at Hunter Mtn. i already have reservations in Johnson City TN for next years rally. i am an AMA member (959916) as well as a BWM MOA member (130781) and i am a site administrator on the F650.com (chain gang) site. so that's about it for me, if anyone passes through the NY area drop me a line and maybe we can meet for coffee, lunch or just to BS. of course if you run into any problems i'm in the anonymous book so don't hesitate to call.

105360800.jpg

George , That is a fine looking bike. I would love one but I will wait until my old R1100RT gives up .

Mike

PS , I have one of the grills you do not sell !!!! :whistle

My name is Anna. I live in Amarillo, TX.

I was introduced to motorcycles when I was born. I rode many of miles when I was a little girl on the back of my mom's 1983 BMW R100RS...

Photo014.jpg

As I was growing up, I always wanted to be able to ride my own BMW motorcycle.

I grew up riding dirt bikes... I did not ride dirt bikes that much as I did not want to hold anyone up because I was not as fast as my brother, dad, and uncle.

As you can tell, I am not the greatest with my dirt riding skills... :rolleyes

nb_photo302.jpg

I purchased my first BMW after I found out that BMW made a factory lowered F650 GS. My first bike was a factory lowered black 2002 F650GS that I purchased in September of 2002. When I lost the bike due to a wildfire, I purchased a red 2006 factory lowered F650GS.

I currently have a Wolfman Denali tag bag, Jesse Bags, PIAA 510 series aftermarket lights, Givi top box, Touratech chain guard, BMW engine guard, Ermax windscreen, PowerPegz, BMW handguards with Touratech Spoilers, Hippo Hands, and some other misc. farkles.

IMAG0040.jpg

Parked at work as I ride daily.

I joined the Chain Gang in February of 2006. After joining the Chain Gang, I have dedicated my time as being a Moderator and now I am an Administrator. I am well known on the Chain Gang for crashing my bike off-road. :laugh

151849639_goWjo-O.jpg

After being talked into it by a close friend, I joined the AMA back in March. My mom has been a lifetime member with the MOA before I was born.

IMAG0045.jpg

I finally joined the MOA a few months ago when I was told by a close friend I would lose my sticker if I did not do so... :rolleyes

Feel free to give me a shout if you are coming through my neck of the woods...

Last edited:
Hi, my name is Sinclair. I am a very very new motorcycle rider, started in this summer. Bought 1984 Honda Magna and 1985 BMW K100RS. But I think I will keep my beemer and sale the Honda.

I am glad to join BMW MOA and hope all of you can help me and teach me ride.

Sinclair , Welcome. We hope to see pics of you and the bike. Also hope you are enjoying riding and playing safe. :brow
Mike

Long Rider

My name is John Ephlin, I am 80 years young, have been riding sence 1947, baught my first bmw in 1999, I PRESENTLY RIDE AN 2004 R1150RT, hope to ride at least another 20 years.:buds :kiss :bikes

R

Hi, nice to meet you.

I just recently purchased a 1200 GS Adventure and registered today with BMW MOA. I have had a number of different dirt and street bikes and now I have found the one that truly fits me and my style of riding.

I'm looking forward to the many adventures that await.
Safe riding.

Take care,
Jamie

Attachments

• First day.jpg
    First day.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 324
I just recently purchased a 1200 GS Adventure and registered today with BMW MOA. I have had a number of different dirt and street bikes and now I have found the one that truly fits me and my style of riding.

I'm looking forward to the many adventures that await.
Safe riding.

Take care,
Jamie

Jamie , You are in for a blast and meeting some of the coolest and mellow folks on the planet (must be the bikes).
Welcome !

Carpooling.jpg

Thanks to Bob's BMW

Mike

James from Tucson/Los Angeles. Currently on a 1994 K75RT, second BMW, 7th bike. Rode uop to San Francisco last week and on the way back accidentally discovered HWY 152 which took me from the hellacious 5 south through the most beautiful twisty part of CA garlic farms and then out to the Pacific Coast Highway. No traffic at all. Roads like butter.
Next up 10 east 19 south to Nogales!!!

James from Tucson/Los Angeles. Currently on a 1994 K75RT, second BMW, 7th bike. Rode uop to San Francisco last week and on the way back accidentally discovered HWY 152 which took me from the hellacious 5 south through the most beautiful twisty part of CA garlic farms and then out to the Pacific Coast Highway. No traffic at all. Roads like butter.
Next up 10 east 19 south to Nogales!!!

Welcome aboard jgraham6! Please post as many pictures as you can of that 94 K75RT and don't hesitate to share and show stories and images of your recent exploits on the roads out in California!

:thumb

Welcome aboard jgraham6! Please post as many pictures as you can of that 94 K75RT and don't hesitate to share and show stories and images of your recent exploits on the roads out in California!

:thumb

Yeah , What He Said !!!!!:wave

hello

just signed on today ,been riding a 1990 r100gs for 13 years its a great bike it took me to nukusp bc for a bmw rally a few years ago 1st one . now that the separation in half way done i might make it to a few more .

Greetings All,
I live in Beloit WI, on the stateline.I bought a 77 R100/7 in May of 08 from Beaver Dam WI. It has been flawless riding season. The hardest part was getting the bike home from the dealer. Took my "motorcycle" friend with me, he had a M class license. We took two lane roads back home. Now it took about an hour and a half to get there on four lanes in my car but in May of 08 all rivers were on at flood stage so all towns on the way back had detours. Normally this perfect, but.... The dealer had restored the bike from a trade in. Repainted, many new parts stuff like that. They'd had it for sale for some time..... So..... they fill the tank, we check the engine oil level, and and off we go.... All is well. We drive for an hour and detoured a few cities. I was leading in the car as we were getting ready to detour the next city. I pulled over next to a farm just out of town. I was checking at the gps and the detour looked really out of the way so I stopped to conference about going off the designated route. As I did my friend Greg asked to check the back tire because he said it felt like he just got a flat. I look and the rear tire is covered in oil. Shhhhh***ttt Look under bike, no trans plug... Called dealership and try to explain where the hell we are. They send some parts dude with a new plug and oil. We are just standing there so we park the bike at the farm house we are in front of, he's very nice guy... We drive back following the oil streak till it stops and start looking for the plug. Looked for a few minuets and bingo! there it is... No damage. Called the dealership and they called back the parts dude. Went into the small town we were near and found an Ace Hardware. Bought the new trans oil. Installed nut, refilled oil. We were off. Now I just wanted to get home. Took all the detours and four hours later we were home.

I want acknowledge my good friend Greg Joos. He drove that day and was my riding partner this summer. He passed away suddenly last October. He was trying to get me to buy a bike for the last ten years when I finally got funding in May. He was really psyched. We had a fun summer..

Here is the bike the day we got it home.
Trying to post my first pic. Hope it works...

Attachments

• r1007e700.jpg
    r1007e700.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 522
Welcome

Welcome, Alfredl,
That's a wonderful first post, and the picture looks great. I'll bet Greg is watching you from the other side, and enjoying your riding that beautiful bike as much as you are.

Holly

Welcome Alfredl,

Glad to have you here. Sorry to hear about your riding buddy. Glad you finally got to ride together.

Beloit is my birthplace. However, the home place is now gone. Across the street from the college and there is a "fake" stone water tower standing there now.

Looking forward to more ride reports next summer with pics.

2nd BMW in 2 years

After about 20 years in the service, figured I needed to challenge myself a little more and started looking into riding a little over two years ago. Of course, the wife (and my two daughters) thought I was nuts.

Bought a 99 F650 at Hermys in Pottsville, PA. Wonderful folks up there. My wife didn't talk to me for a month. My plan was to see if I still had my sea legs, since I had not ridden in over 18 years. My thoughts, "If I scare myself to death, I'll just sell her." Well, plenty of folks here in Harrisburg, PA attempted to do it but that bike got me through plenty of possible "scrapes".

After riding dirt bikes as a kid, I knew I wanted in on the "adventure scene" and after a year on the chain, I had to move up. Put 'ol red in ebay and sold her in 5 days to a good bloke from Long Island, NY. Couldn't believe meeting this dude at the train station and he just rode her off back to NYC.

The next day, I picked up a 95 1100GS, and my life has not been the same. I have put over 5K on her this summer and into late fall. Loved 'ol red but the shaft is definitely where its at! A little over a month ago, I hit a deer at about 30 mph with the right valve cover (then my knee, then my shoulder). Bike and me made it through just fine (btw, she was fine, watched the deer shake her head and run off). When I got to work, I put her on the stand and just stood there for about five minutes shaking like a junky jonesing for a fix.

Best to all over Christmas and the New Year!

red.jpg

100_0084_3.jpg

Last edited:
Back