• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Parking truck/trailer in Gillette?

You may need to contact him directly given the warm welcoming reception his first post on the forum garnered for him.:D

You may need to contact him directly given the warm welcoming reception his first post on the forum garnered for him.:D

My thoughts exactly.....I've PM'd him that there's space at the Cam-Plex, but he should call prior to his arrival so they can find him a safe spot.

Thanks, all....

:lurk I don't want to continue the trailer debate - many good arguments have already been made for it - but I have to object to the above statement. I trailer too. I can't see any fun in riding 1300 miles from Ohio to Sturgis (or Gillette, for that matter) in two (or three) days on boring (and dangerous) interstates to arrive there and be totally shot, needing a two-day rest. I rather ride around out there. Custer Park, Badlands, Mt Rushmore, Devil's Tower etc. And my trailer is big enough that I can also haul a vintage or collector bike in addition to the rider for all the anti-trailer guys to drool over during the bike show
:p

:thumb

:lurk I don't want to continue the trailer debate - many good arguments have already been made for it - but I have to object to the above statement. I trailer too. I can't see any fun in riding 1300 miles from Ohio to Sturgis (or Gillette, for that matter) in two (or three) days on boring (and dangerous) interstates to arrive there and be totally shot, needing a two-day rest. I rather ride around out there. Custer Park, Badlands, Mt Rushmore, Devil's Tower etc. And my trailer is big enough that I can also haul a vintage or collector bike in addition to the rider for all the anti-trailer guys to drool over during the bike show
:p

Then take 4 or 5 days and take back roads.:ha
Just kidding. I will enjoy seeing the Vintage or collector bikes too.
Have a good trip.:wave

Going to Gillette

Doesn't bother me one way or another. All I know is I just want to go! If I can ride my RT that's great and if not I'll drive my Jeep, as they say " Life Is Good"
:dance

Seriously, I would do that. Unfortunately, the round trip would take me exact the amount of time I can take off work, which would leave me about 15 minutes to attend the rally. :huh We rode to Vermont. 13 hours out on Wednesday and 12 hours back on Sunday

Yeah, me too. I plan on back roads all the way there. I am not sure about going home though.

Back