• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

nolan flipup helmet

M

MRU

I know this type of helmet is more noisy than a regular fullface, but behind a windshield on a K1200 or R100Rt is it that noticeable?

Nolan Helmet

My SO and I are on our third set of Nolans. I think they are great. I have an 03 RT and I find the helmet very quiet no matter where I position the W-Shield. A year ago I heard of problems with the newer ones with the single finger release. Some folks had these releases sticking and had to use both releases to open the helmet. I have not had this problem and would recommend Nolans to anyone. I buy mine on line and pay aaround $180.00 as opposed to about $240.00 in a store.

Just got a new Nolan this week, and am loving it. 47 degrees with 30 mph winds and all is well.Been riding with no wind shield or helmets for many years, not quite sure what noisy is!! Bought it on line and also saved 40 some $$.

I have been using Nolans since the early 80's. I currently have a Nolan N100E and love it. I particularly like the fog shield that doubles as an easily removable tinted shade. You don't have to cary two shades with you. This helmet keeps me warm with the neck and chin guard and cool with decent ventilation.

All this for $125 on clearance.

Not a bad deal considering there are so many helmets that cost $400-600 and have a face shield that cost near $100 alone. My Nolan shield cost about $25 and is very high quality.

Jim :brow

Where did you buy it?

OK guys, where exactly did you get these great prices? I threatening Mexico in a couple of weeks, and I gotta move on this. Reply privately if you don't want to swamp your good deal.

Jim

Sorry Jim,

I got mine in Vegas at a Honda store that was discontinuing them. The salesman said they were too expensive for the Honda crowd! :dunno

Jim :brow

Back