• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Make my own avatar?

One down

Thanks that solved the custom title, still no Avatar option. Thanks for your help (in this important matter). ;)

SheRidesABeemer said:
Thanks that solved the custom title, still no Avatar option. Thanks for your help (in this important matter). ;)

Try it now. I flipped the bit for you.

And what's up with the title? :dunno

Problem solved

All set now, thanks for flipping all the right levers, now I am free to change my identity at will.

re the title:
When I first joined the forum, it was based on an invitation to join the President's Forum. Some one set my heading up as Club President. I never was club president, I was the Secretary. A friend of mine, who knew that I was secretary, recently congratulated me on my rise in office...so I figured it was time to change it.

SheRidesABeemer said:
All set now, thanks for flipping all the right levers, now I am free to change my identity at will.

re the title:
When I first joined the forum, it was based on an invitation to join the President's Forum. Some one set my heading up as Club President. I never was club president, I was the Secretary. A friend of mine, who knew that I was secretary, recently congratulated me on my rise in office...so I figured it was time to change it.

:doh

- RPB

new avatar

If this works........a technilogical breakthrough...Steve....Thanks

2000 R1100RT Tundra Green

Attachments

• P1010335.bmp
    10.8 KB · Views: 187
Flippin' the bit

Kbasa, is the Avatar and custom text bit for individual users or for everyone? I can't add my avatar/text either. Please assist.

Thanks

NorseMan9

Still looking for a good one for here. The one I used on the last forum isn't quite appropriate here...

STL.jpg

NorseMan9 said:
Kbasa, is the Avatar and custom text bit for individual users or for everyone? I can't add my avatar/text either. Please assist.

Thanks

NorseMan9

Looks like you have the avatar part worked out. I think you have to hit ten posts before you can change your custom text.

And einnar, I like that picture. :ha

thanks kbasa

thanks, I was starting to feel bad about using the Airheads logo as i've let my membership with them lapse. In the meantime, I'll keep hunting around for something better

Kbasa, I have tried to follow your instructions, however, When I resized a jpg file with the Irfanview it came out as a bmp file. got an improper file type when I tried to upload it to my profile. Went back and resized it again and saved as a jpg extesion but got the same message when I tried to upload.
what next??

More detail:
the error mes is=" the upload is not a valid GIF, NPG PNG file"
I tried to do the same on Adventure rider and got the exact same error msg.

Thanks but I will use this one, looks good and VERY easy to use.

Doesn't work

Trying to upload a custom avatar. I resized a picture using IrfanView to a size of 72x60 and filesize of 4.75Kb. When I upload I'm told it's to big.
????????????????

11317 said:
Trying to upload a custom avatar. I resized a picture using IrfanView to a size of 72x60 and filesize of 4.75Kb. When I upload I'm told it's to big.
????????????????

Max size is 70 x 70, so you're just a smidge over.

I mentioned this elsewhere but don't mind repeating myself, myself. There's an avatar_sizer program available on www.download.com for free that's so easy to use it's silly. You can turn any photo/graphic into the perfect avatar.

Back