• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Make my own avatar?

BobMielke said:
I mentioned this elsewhere but don't mind repeating myself, myself. There's an avatar_sizer program available on www.download.com for free that's so easy to use it's silly. You can turn any photo/graphic into the perfect avatar.

What is it called Bob? I looked and there are a lot of feebies there.

Thanks,
Andy

Andy it is called Avatar Sizer on my desktop shortcut. I simply typed avatar in their search engine & the sizer popped up. The actual filename that you'll download is Avatar_Setup.exe

Pre-defined Standard Avatars?

How do avatars get added to the "Pre-defined Standard Avatars" list?

I just grabbed the logo from our website (http://bmwdfw.org/), scaled it down to 21% (to meet the 70x70 rule), saved it, and uploaded it as my own.

But I'm curious, as a very new member, how did the list get created?

Well that seemed like a good excuse for my first post.

Sincerely,

Eric

Last edited:
eric,

welcome to the forum!

i think kbasa, bradfordbenn, or gregfeeler will have a good reply for you. i'm guessing they are simply loaded into a folder that vbulletin sees, and news ones can be dragged into it at the administrator's whim.

EricJRW said:
How do avatars get added to the "Pre-defined Standard Avatars" list?

I just grabbed the logo from our website (http://bmwdfw.org/), scaled it down 21% (to meet the 70x70 rule), saved it, and uploaded it as my own.

But I'm curious, as a very new member, how did the list get created?

Well that seemed like a good excuse for my first post.

Sincerely,

Eric

Hey Eric,

Send Greg Feeler or knary a note and they'll load it up to the forum for you. From there, it'll be a standard avatar.

dave

testing my avatar

Seeing how things look...from a new member! The rally in Wisconsin looks awesome. Looking forward to rally participation.

This has been giving me mega grief for ages; wish I'd read this thread earlier:doh
I think I've cracked it now; if not I'm going for some lunch.
Feb 1st and icy rain etc.
Take care on those roads.

Back