• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2008 Formula One Thread

Positive start to BMW Sauber F1.08 testing in Valencia.
01-15-2008 Press Release
Valencia (Spain), 15th January 2008. The maiden laps of the BMW Sauber F1 Team’s new car went off according to plan. The doors of the pit garage opened at 12.00, and seven minutes later Robert Kubica emerged with the BMW Sauber F1.08 for its first installation lap on the Valencia circuit.

BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen was clearly satisfied: “The roll-out of the BMW Sauber F1.08 went-off absolutely hitch-free. All systems were functioning from the word go and Robert has gained a positive first impression of the new car’s handling. It means the most suspenseful moment for the engineers and technicians has resulted in a positive outcome. In the next few days we will be testing the technology in detail before tackling the job of further honing the BMW Sauber F1.08 for performance.”

It was the first time that Kubica had been given the honour of taking a Formula One car out on its maiden drive. The Pole enjoyed the task, commenting: “It was a good start. I’ve only driven a few laps so far, but I have the impression that everything is heading in the right direction. The car feels more stable than its predecessor and it builds up more grip. I’m looking forward to the test days to come.”

His team-mate Nick Heidfeld had already taken the car out on a few demonstration laps at BMW Welt, the company’s futuristic-looking delivery centre in Munich. In Valencia he drove the F1.07 on Tuesday, and Thursday will see him at the wheel of the F1.08. “I really enjoyed driving the old car as well,” said Heidfeld. “During the winter break there were a few weeks when I hadn’t been in the car. The F1.08 is the most beautiful vehicle I have seen in my F1 career. It has a lot of interesting details. I’m really excited about getting inside it on Thursday!”

Technical Director Willy Rampf appeared both satisfied and relieved: “The entire team has been looking forward to this day with feverish excitement,” he explained, “and we are all accordingly delighted to have encountered no problems whatsoever on the first outing with this completely new vehicle. Now all the car’s systems and entire sensor technology will be checked in detail before the start of the further test programme.”

Test in Valencia - Day two
01-16-2008 Press Release
15th – 18th January 2008
Day two – Wednesday

Weather conditions:
Extremely windy but, apart from some rain at lunch time, dry all day

Temperatures: Air: 15-17??C, Track: 15-20??C

Number of drivers participating: 2 (exclusive BMW Sauber F1 Team test)

Circuit distance: 4.005 km

Robert Kubica
Chassis / engine: BMW Sauber F1.08-02 / BMW P86/8
Test kilometres today: 420,525 km (105 laps)

Nick Heidfeld
Chassis / engine: BMW Sauber F1.07-06 / BMW P86/8
Test kilometres today: 300,375 km (74 laps)

Programme:
The first scheduled proper test day with the new F1.08 driven by Robert in Valencia was hampered by adverse weather conditions as there were very strong winds in Valencia. Therefore it was impossible to gain any useful test results today. The BMW Sauber F1 Team concentrated on system checks on long runs with the new car.

Nick was at the wheel of the F1.07 and carried out set-up work with the standard ECU and race start simulation.

What comes next:
Tomorrow Marko Asmer will be driving the F1.07B. It is the second time the young Estonian (23) will get behind the wheel of the team’s Formula One car. Also tomorrow Nick will have his first drive with the new BMW Sauber F1.08. The team hopes for better weather conditions and productive set-up work with the new car to verify the wind tunnel data.

244398740-L.jpg

244398745-L.jpg

BMW Sauber F1 Team - Valencia Test - Day three
01-17-2008 Press Release
Weather conditions:
Dry all day, good conditions in the morning, some gusty winds in the afternoon.

Temperatures: Air: 10-18??C, Track: 9-18??C

Number of drivers participating: 2 (exclusively BMW Sauber F1 Team test)

Nick Heidfeld
Test kilometres today: 467 km (117 laps)

Marko Asmer
Chassis / engine: BMW Sauber F1.07B-06 / BMW P86/8
Test kilometres today: 296 km (76 laps as scheduled)

Programme:
The BMW Sauber F1 Team had a productive dayÔÇÖs testing in Valencia. Wind wasnÔÇÖt a major issue any more, although in the afternoon some gusty winds came up again. Nick had his first day of testing with the 2008 car. The team is happy with the mileage achieved with the F1.08 today and began testing changes in the mechanical and aero set-up to see and evaluate the reaction of the car, which responded as expected.

Marko enjoyed his second test with the F1.07, already feeling more familiar with the car and more comfortable in his seat after the team had made some adjustments for him beforehand. The team also worked with him on set-up changes in the course of the day to make him feel more confident with the car.

What comes next:
Tomorrow, Friday, will be the final day of the first test with the F1.08 in Valencia. Nick will continue to drive the new car, Robert Kubica will be taking over the F1.07B.

So you want to drive a f-1 car, you need a deep wallet just for the license.
blogf1.com
The Cost Of Racing: Super License Price Hike

This is a support race series for F1 weekends. Looks like a cross between IROC cars and NASCAR. Anyone know more about it?
pitpass.com
Speed Car revs up for debut

Speedcar?!?!?!?

Great, just what we need.
More roaring V8 stock(?)cars.(sarcasm off)

The drivers list is a bit curious though.
Big names (Alesi etc...)
Nothing else available?
Big paycheck?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........

BMW Sauber F1 Team - Valencia Test - Day four

01-18-2008 Press Release
Weather conditions: Sunny and dry

Temperatures: Air: 14-22??C, Track: 14-25??C

Number of drivers participating: 2 (exclusively BMW Sauber F1 Team test)

244925289-L.jpg

Nick Heidfeld
Test kilometres today: 364 km (91 laps)

Robert Kubica
Test kilometres today: 168 km (42 laps)

Programme:
In the morning the team lost some time due to a mechanical problem with the power steering on NickÔÇÖs car. However, later on he continued with set-up work on the F1.08 and was able to cover 91 laps.

Technical Director Willy Rampf summed up his impressions of the first test:
ÔÇ£Apart from this morning we had no noteworthy reliability problems during the four days. We were able to complete many laps with the new car and managed to collect a lot of valuable data. We have a base line for determining the programme for next weekÔÇÖs test. We are only just starting out and have a fair amount of work to do to find the ideal settings for the new car.ÔÇØ

What comes next:
The BMW Sauber F1 Team will be testing again in Valencia from Tuesday to Thursday next week.
244925296-L.jpg

244925306-L.jpg

BMW Sauber F1 Team - Valencia Test - Day 1, 01-22-2008

BMW Sauber F1 Team - Valencia Test - Day 1
01-22-2008 Press Release
22nd ÔÇô 24th January 2008
Day one ÔÇô Tuesday

Temperatures: Air: 13-24??C, Track: 9-24??C

Number of drivers participating: 16

Fastest lap overall: Felipe Massa, Scuderia Ferrari, 1:12.182 min

Marko Asmer
Test kilometres today: 176 km (44 laps)
Fastest lap: 1:13.669 min

Nick Heidfeld
Chassis / engine: BMW Sauber F1.08-02/ BMW P86/8
Test kilometres today: 320 km (80 laps)
Fastest lap: 1:13.779 min

Programme:
Nick Heidfeld conducted development work with the BMW Sauber F1.08 going through various aerodynamic comparisons and suspension settings. Although he encountered some minor technical problems, it was a productive day. As opposed to last week, the weather conditions were very good and enabled the engineers to gather a lot of valuable data. Marko Asmer drove the F1.07B. He had a limited programme mainly concentrating on systems checking and development work with the SECU.

What comes next:
Tomorrow, Robert Kubica will drive the F1.08 while Nick Heidfeld will be at the wheel of the F1.07B.

BMW Sauber F1 Team - Valencia Test - Day 2
01-23-2008 Press Release
22nd ÔÇô 24th January 2008
Day two ÔÇô Wednesday

Temperatures: Air: 10-19??C, Track: 11-22??C

Number of drivers participating: 17

Fastest lap overall: Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren-Mercedes, 1:11.000 min

Nick Heidfeld
Test kilometres today: 204 km (51 laps)
Fastest lap: 1:12.976 min

Robert Kubica
Test kilometres today: 485 km (121 laps)
Fastest lap: 1:13.230 min

Programme:
Nick Heidfeld drove the F1.07B. He had a limited programme and concentrated on systems settings. He did a lot of valuable work that can be transferred to the new car. Robert Kubica was at the wheel of the F1.08 working on the mechanical and aerodynamic set-up of the car. In addition, he did numerous systems checks and tested different suspension parts. Both cars ran reliably all day.

What comes next:
Tomorrow, Robert Kubica will continue driving the F1.08 while Nick Heidfeld will again be at the wheel of the F1.07B.

BMW Sauber F1 Team - Valencia Test - Day three
01-24-2008 Press Release
Weather conditions: Partly cloudy, dry

Temperatures: Air: 11-17??C, Track: 11-21??C

Number of drivers participating: 17

Fastest lap overall: Kimi R?ñikk?Ânen, Scuderia Ferrari, 1:11.189 min

Robert Kubica
Test kilometres today: 344 km (86 laps)
Fastest lap: 1:12.095 min

Nick Heidfeld
Test kilometres today: 156 km (39 laps)
Fastest lap: 1:12.600 min

Programme:
Nick Heidfeld drove the F1.07B again and continued working on the systems based on the 2008 rules. As yesterday, he had a limited programme. Robert Kubica worked on the set-up of the F1.08. The team was able to find some settings that are favourable to the new car. Robert also completed some long-runs.

Technical Director Willy Rampf: ÔÇ£In terms of reliability the F1.08 is already very good. We have covered numerous laps without any noteworthy problems to date. As far as performance is concerned, we are at the start of a comprehensive development phase. We have analysed the data from the test drives so far and identified the potential areas concerned. By the next test in Barcelona the car will already have received some relevant modifications. Following that, we will be using new components in all the other tests up to the start of the season. We have set ourselves an internal target which we aim to meet by Melbourne, and I am confident we will achieve that.ÔÇØ

What comes next:
The BMW Sauber F1 Team will be testing in Barcelona from February 1 to 3.

BMW Sauber F1 Team - Australian GP - Practice
03-14-2008 Press Release
Weather: dry and windy, 32-37??C Air, 35-48??C Track

Melbourne (AUS). Unusual heat, strong winds and consequently a high amount of dust in MelbourneÔÇÖs Albert Park welcomed Formula One for the curtain raiser of the 2008 season. BMW Sauber F1 Team driver Robert Kubica enjoyed two trouble-free practice sessions. Nick HeidfeldÔÇÖs car stopped with 30 minutes to go in the first session due to an electrical power cut, in the afternoon he completed his programme as scheduled.

265642289_BMCgu-M.jpg

Robert Kubica:
BMW Sauber F1.08-03 / BMW P86/8
1st Practice : 7th, 1.28.579 min / 2nd Practice: 15th, 1.28.860 min
ÔÇ£As well as working on the set-up of the car, we concentrated mainly on comparing the two tyre compounds. Degradation is quite a big issue in these hot conditions. We have to analyse the data and find out how best to exploit the full potential of the tyres.ÔÇØ

Nick Heidfeld:
BMW Sauber F1.08-04 / BMW P86/8
1st Practice : 16th, 1.29.561 min / 2nd Practice: 12th, 1.28.731 min
ÔÇ£I still find it very difficult to make a judgement on everybody's performance. I'm afraid we have to be patient until tomorrow, at least until the second part of qualifying. I assume some of the cars which are higher up on the result sheet were lighter than us. I had no technical problems in the second session, and the failure in the morning just cost one run which isn't a drama."

Willy Rampf (Technical Director):
ÔÇ£We are happy that the 2008 season has finally started here in Melbourne. We concentrated on the race preparations in both sessions and completed our programme including the tyre comparisons. Apart from one problem on an electronic switch in the first free practice, everything went according to plan. I think we are in good shape for tomorrow.ÔÇØ

265642275_AxNop-M.jpg

Video Preview of Australia
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d3HqVBPWjbo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d3HqVBPWjbo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Video Recap of Friday Practice

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NRX-VLHMzhY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NRX-VLHMzhY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

pitpass.com
BMW 1-2 in final Saturday practice

pitpass.com
Hamilton holds Kubica for pole

f1complete.com
2008 qualifying times

Australian GP: Qualifying

Qualifying ÔÇô Australian GP

Hamilton ÔÇô Pole
Kubica ÔÇô P2
265945783_ZVfXn-XL.jpg

BMW Sauber F1 Team - Australian GP - Qualifying
03-15-2008 Press Release
Weather: dry, 22-24??C Air, 31-41??C Track

Melbourne (AUS). At the opening race of what is its third season the BMW Sauber F1 Team achieved its best ever qualifying result to date. In Melbourne Robert Kubica qualified in second position. Nick Heidfeld finished fifth in the expected breathtaking first battle of the year. In Q2, the part of qualifying that tells even more about the carsÔÇÖ performance, Kubica and Heidfeld where second and fourth. In the morningÔÇÖs third free practice they had been the leaders of the pack.

Robert Kubica:
Qualifying 2nd, 1.26.869 min (3rd practice: 1st, 1.25.613 min)
ÔÇ£P2 is a great achievement for the whole team, and thatÔÇÖs a good start to the season! I took a lot of risks in the second run of Q3, but finally it didnÔÇÖt pay off. I went wide in corner twelve and ran on the artificial grass. This cost me between two and three tenths of a second and maybe pole position. We had quite a difficult day yesterday, but we were able to make a lot of progress. The F1.08 is a very quick car, but quite delicate to set-up and to drive. When I look back on what level we started testing, I have to give a big compliment to the whole team in Munich and Hinwil. Everybody worked hard analysing the problems and improving the car.ÔÇØ

Nick Heidfeld:
Qualifying 5th, 1.27.236 min (3rd practice: 2nd, 1.25.950 min)
ÔÇ£I am very pleased although I missed P4 by only hundredths. The entire qualifying went smoothly, it is a superb result for the team and better than expected. After our initial tests with the F1.08 hadnÔÇÖt been very good we kept saying that we are working very hard and would make good progress. This is what became obvious today, and it is a great reward for everybodyÔÇÖs effort. I believe this was the first step in the direction we want to go this year. IÔÇÖm very much looking forward to the race. Without traction control the start will be especially exciting and over the race distance I expect Ferrari to be stronger than today.ÔÇØ

Mario Theissen (BMW Motorsport Director):
ÔÇ£We are very satisfied. Grid positions two and five mean the best qualifying result since we founded our team. Without his massive slide on his final lap Robert most likely would have been on pole. Positions on the first three rows of the grid were our target and this is what we have achieved, despite the Ferrari and McLaren cars being quick here in Melbourne right from the very first session. Back then we had been far away from really good lap times, but we kept working. To see the reward of the work is very pleasing.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£This was a good qualifying start to the new season. With grid positions two and five for Robert and Nick we are very happy, It's a pity that Robert missed pole by just a little bit. However, for him it was the best qualifying result of his F1 career. We are in a good position for the race with both drivers.ÔÇØ

265945788_phDMV-M.jpg

Saturday, 15 March 2008 Australian Grand Prix Albert Park Melbourne Australia. BMW Sauber BMW Sauber F1 Team driver Robert Kubica (POL) in the BMW Sauber F1.08

265945873_iJU26-M.jpg

Saturday, 15 March 2008 Australian Grand Prix Albert Park Melbourne Australia. BMW Sauber F1 Team driver Robert Kubica (POL) is second on the grid for Sundays race.

265946097_B9uXM-M.jpg

Qualifying excursion cost Kubica the pole.

265946231_qj29C-M.jpg

Even so, Theissen is smiling

265946142_9Fja2-M.jpg

And hand shakes all around.

BMW Sauber F1 Team - Australian GP - Race
03-16-2008 Press Release
Weather: dry, 37-38??C Air, 48-51??C Track

Melbourne (AUS).The BMW Sauber F1 Team has achieved its fifth podium in its short career. Nick Heidfeld came second at the Australian Grand Prix. Team mate Robert Kubica, who had started from second and lay in fifth position in the race, was unlucky when another car crashed into the rear of the PoleÔÇÖs car at a restart.

266292289_Jamup-M.jpg

Nick Heidfeld: 2nd
Fastest Lap: 1.27.739 min on lap 41 (3rd fastest overall)
ÔÇ£This was a fantastic start to the season for us. The team was working extremely hard to solve the problems we had in the beginning with the F1.08. We made constant progress and we have not exploited the full potential of the car yet. At the start I had too much wheel spin and could not keep Nico Rosberg behind me. I thought it is going to become a difficult race because I expected him to pit earlier. But we stopped on the same lap and our crew did a really great job to get me in front of him. With my second pit stop I was lucky that the safety car didnÔÇÖt come out earlier and I could refuel as planned. In the last stint I had to take care not to kill the option tyres. Overall the first race without traction control was less difficult than expected.ÔÇ£

266292308_6GZ7B-M.jpg

Robert Kubica: DNF
Fastest Lap: 1.28.753 min on lap 15 (9th fastest overall)
ÔÇ£My race went pretty well in the beginning. I was on a similar strategy to Nick and I had a good pace. Then the strategy was changed and this did not pay off for me. I got stuck behind Bourdais and lost a lot of time. I still had a chance to score some points, but then at the end of the third safety car period Nakajima crashed into the rear of my car and I had to stop.ÔÇØ

http://m1ka.smugmug.com/photos/266292296_UcYpq-M.jpg[img]

Mario Theissen (BMW Motorsport Director):
ÔÇ£This was a fantastic start to the new season for the BMW Sauber F1 Team. In a turbulent race with three safety car periods and numerous retirements, Nick kept cool and finished second, achieving the first podium of the season for the team. Only Lewis Hamilton was quicker. This was a real strategy game. Nick was somewhat lucky with the safety car periods, Robert was unfortunately unlucky. Towards the end, Nakajima pushed him off the track. Up to this point he had driven a strong race after his fantastic qualifying yesterday. Together with our qualifying performance on Saturday, this is a good basis for the next races. This was a motivation boost for the whole team. A big thank you to all our colleagues in Munich and Hinwil.ÔÇ£

[img]http://m1ka.smugmug.com/photos/266292304_qhozy-M.jpg

ÔÇ£This was an exciting race which generated mixed feelings. ItÔÇÖs fantastic that Nick clinched second place, but at the same time IÔÇÖm sorry for Robert who had an unlucky race. At the start Nick was overtaken by Nico Rosberg, but thanks to the fantastic work of the pit crew, he was able to overtake him in the pits. From that moment on he drove a fast and consistent pace. He finally benefitted from the third safety car period, and equalled the best result of the team so far. We changed RobertÔÇÖs strategy during the second safety car period, but unfortunately he got stuck behind Bourdais and lost a lot of time. After Nakajima had crashed into the rear of his car, he stopped for safety reasons.ÔÇ£

Sepang - Friday Open Practice

Friday wrap-up from Formula1.com

Friday Analysis – Who will challenge at Sepang?

FIA Friday press conference

Stewards demand
Red Bull technical report

Selected Drivers quotes

Practice Two – Hamilton sets the Friday pace at Sepang

[ur=http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/3/7529.html]Coulthard[/url] misses P2, Red Bull summoned by stewards[/url]

Exclusive Interview – Toro Rosso’s Gehard Berger

BMW Sauber F1 Team - Malaysian GP - Practice
03-21-2008 Press Release
Weather: dry, 28-31??C Air, 41-45??C Track

Sepang (MAL). The BMW Sauber F1 Team overall had a positive start to the weekend of the PETRONAS Malaysian Grand Prix in the humid heat of Sepang. Robert Kubica was eighth fastest in both free practice sessions on Friday, although he lost some track time in the morning due to a gear box change. As planned, Nick Heidfeld was able to tick off his to do list for the usual Friday set-up work and was 11th and 13th.

Robert Kubica:
1st Practice : 8th, 1.37.218 min / 2nd Practice: 8th, 1.36.671 min
“After I had lost quite some time in the morning session due to a gearbox problem, we mainly concentrated on evaluating different downforce configurations and comparing the tyres in the afternoon. We now have a lot of data available, which we have to analyse and understand in order to make the right decisions for the rest of the weekend. We haven’t had much time yet to work on the set-up of the car, so there is more to come.”

Nick Heidfeld:
1st Practice : 11th, 1.37.649 min / 2nd Practice: 13th, 1.37.106 min
“I’m quite happy with the Friday sessions. The car’s balance here is initially better than it was on Friday in Melbourne, although it is not really good yet. I hope we manage to find a couple of set-up improvements for Saturday, just like we did in Australia. Although the track has been resurfaced, it has a quite good grip level which is not always the case. A big question mark is the weather. Precise predictions for rain are difficult here. I don’t have anything against normal rain, the opposite is the case. But even I don’t wish for a tropical downpour here for the race. If this happens you just don’t see anything and have too much aquaplaning.”

“We concentrated on the race preparation today and collected a lot of data concerning the tyres. We also tested different aerodynamic configurations. Now we will analyse the data. On Robert’s car we measured a gearbox pressure that was too high. There was a risk of damaging the cooling system, therefore we decided to change the rear end to enable Robert to continue the session. Compliments to the mechanics, who did a great job. We had a dry first day of practice, but we expect some rain for the remainder of the weekend.”
268516168_zu3Ha-X3.jpg

268516188_Mto5f-X3.jpg

268516205_4DWqq-X3.jpg

268516221_5Kmgv-X3.jpg

268516241_uxmua-S.jpg

268516263_sfS5Y-S.jpg

268516282_fmj6B-M.jpg

268516318_Apvnd-M.jpg

268516337_f2qKR-M.jpg

268516352_Rzqkw-M.jpg

268516374_8GenV-M.jpg

268516388_ceWtc-M.jpg

268516412_MYttg-M.jpg

268516432_HZJzU-M.jpg

Last edited:
Heidfeld led Raikkonen, Massa and the rest of the field in Saturday practice before qualifying. Kubica was 17th.

SaturdayÔÇÖs one-hour qualifying session is split into three distinct parts, each with multiple drivers on track simultaneously, and each with the drivers running as many laps as they want:

Q1: All 22 cars may run laps at any time during the first 20 minutes of the hour. At the end of the first 20 minutes, the six slowest cars drop out and fill the final six grid places.

Results Q1:
1 Trulli
2 Kovalainen
3 Massa
4 Hamilton
5 Webber
6 Raikkonen
7 Heidfeld
8 Kubica
9 Rosberg
10 Button
11 Glock
12 Alonso
13 Coulthard
14 Piquet
15 Vettel
16 Barrichello

Cut
17 Fischella Force India
18 Nakajima Williams
19 Bourdais Toro Rosso
20 Sato Super Aguri
21 Sutil Force India
22 Davidson Super Aguri

Q2: After a seven-minute break, the times will be reset and the 16 remaining cars then will then run in a 15-minute session - again they may complete as many laps as they want at any time during that period. At the end of the 15 minutes, the six slowest cars drop out and fill places 11 to 16 on the grid.

Results Q2:
1 Raikkonen
2 Massa
3 Hamilton
4 Heidfeld
5 Kovalainen
6 Kubica
7 Trulli
8 Webber
9 Glock
10 Alonso

Cut
11 Button Button
12 Couthard Red Bull
13 Piquet Renault
14 Barrichello Honda
15 Vettel Toro Rosso
16 Rosberg Williams

Q3: After a further eight-minute break, the times are reset and a final 10-minute session will feature a shootout between the remaining 10 cars to decide pole position and the starting order for the top 10 grid places. Again, these cars may run as many laps as they wish.

Results Q3:
1 Masa Ferrari
2 Raikkonen Ferrari
3 Kovalainen McLaren
4 Hamilton McLaren
5 Trulli Toyota
6 Kubica BMW
7 Heidfeld BMW
8 Webber Red Bull
9 Alonso Renault
10 Glock Toyota

Provisional Grid