Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 20 of 20

Thread: How do I obtain an international motorcycle license?

  1. #16
    Cannonball Rider #52 darrylri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Surf City, USA (Santa Cruz, CA)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post
    Although it doesn't cover me in Europe, I have AAA RV+ insurance which is in a whole different league than normal AAA roadside protection. Covers MCs, free gas, 100 mile towing instead of 25, etc. Check with your local AAA, not all states provide the RV+ plan.
    The standard ADAC package includes 5 days of rental car and 5 nights of hotel stay, should your vehicle have a problem. They will also return your vehicle from where ever it is in Europe to your choice service provider in Germany.
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison

  2. #17
    Alps Adventurer GlobalRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Canada and the Alps
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrylRi View Post
    You don't have to be an ADAC member to get liability insurance from them. It has cost on the order of $50/month to get this "green card" insurance.
    ΤιΌ22 per month to be exact, which ends up being roughly US$33 per month.

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalRider View Post
    ΤιΌ22 per month to be exact, which ends up being roughly US$33 per month.
    This month, anyway.

  4. #19
    Registered User womanridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiekilowatt View Post
    I read a long time ago that if you wanted to ride in foreign countries, one should obtain an international motorcycle license. I can't find where to get one of these. I'm from the U.S. and am planning to ride through Europe this spring on a borrowed R90 that I will have to insure. Any ideas of how to obtain this license, or find decent insurance for a month or two? Thanks for looking!
    I applied for and received one two years in a row. Here's the link for the application. You send in two pasport size photos. (just a few dollars at walgreens or other one-hour photo places.)

  5. #20
    Registered User rboettch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    NW Arkansas
    Quote Originally Posted by ltljohn View Post
    When I went to Europe a few years ago I went to AAA for the license. I would check with Globalrider, he spends lots of time in Europe and can probably provide some good info.
    Yeah, AAA does it , got one there this summer for $15 I think.

    I went to spain recently, rented a hertz car out of Bilbao,, the woman at the desk said she had never seem on of them before.

    Go on and do a search in the European forums.

    or here you go,,

    looks like having a translated document is valuable in certain instances,, Italy, Greece,,, Its only $15 and takes a few minutes to get,,, cheap insurance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts