Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 20 of 20

Thread: Another hello!

  1. #16
    The solo seat set up for single cylinder bikes uses the spring set up . I don't know if it would fit, and it would be "incorrect" for a twin.

  2. #17
    yeah the earles twin (55-68) solo seats sit on a rubber block, no springs. i find the saddle far far more appealing visually than bench seats.

  3. #18
    Liaison 20774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    San Antonio, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash2 View Post
    I need to find out more about installing a solo saddle....
    I bought a solo driver's seat (Denfeld) from Bench Mark Works. Looks good and fit fine...

    The best thing I've seen as far as helping with the installation was on page 64 of Motorrad Stemler's parts book for the R69S. It shows all of the pieces...the difficult thing was understanding the orientation of the rubber block.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

  4. #19
    SFBA Rider
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Pleasanton, CA
    Well, unfortunately, the bike I was looking at may have been sold in the meanwhile. Title was out of state, and the California DMV wants sales tax on-registration when transferring title from another state - even on private transactions.

    While I was working on the details, someone else may have gotten it. Looks like I will be on the sidelines for another couple months, unless the deal falls through.

    World's smallest violion, and all that jazz.

  5. #20
    Cannonball Rider #52 darrylri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Surf City, USA (Santa Cruz, CA)
    CA is not alone in requiring sales tax payments even on out of state transactions. WA does it too, that I know of, and I understand it's not uncommon elsewhere.

    The one way around the CA sales tax is to buy it and hold it out of state for, I believe it now is, 90 days. This is known as the yacht owners provision in some quarters. (Buy a boat for delivery to Baja, cruise around for 3 months, then come home and register it.)

    A few years ago this little provision became a bit of a political football, so the legislature changed it to 1 year... but with a sunset clause, and it has since reverted to 90 days.

    I am not a lawyer, do not play one on TV, and did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. This advice is worth what you paid for it. But I made use of this provision when I bought my R52 in Germany and then, after a year and a half while it was being worked on, imported it and registered it. Many DMV clerks don't know about it, so you will have to find the provision and bring a copy with you.
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts