Thread: Switched fuse block on '07 K1200GT

Mike in Bonny Doon

Switched fuse block on '07 K1200GT

Does anyone have experience with adding a switched with key fuse block to the '07 K1200GT with CANBUS? Where would I pick up a connection for the relay?

There is a connection in front of the battery, under the cross piece. It's straped underneth the bar so a little force is needed to get it.

It has three wires, you can either tap into those or buy the adapter from your friendly dealer. It provides the pigtail. You'll then have a switched power source with the options of a delayed power off or immediate power off.

This info is provided over on the dedicated K bike sites, I-BMW, k-bikes, BMWLT, etc.

HTH,
    Rob Lessen

'07 R12RT
    '14 R12RT LC

Been noodling on the same question. Here is what I have found. I don't know anything about this vendor, nor have I ordered from him.

http://www.easternbeaver.com/index.html

I do plan on installing a Centech AP-2 with relay. Looks like the EBeaver makes wiring harnesses complete with the relay and Centech.

Also, for a picture of the install on a GT

http://www.i-bmw.com/attachment.php?...0&d=1161984311

Ron

Mike in Bonny Doon
    Thanks for the great info! I also added i-BMW and K-Bikes to my favorites.

Mike

Hope it works for you.

My 08 was supposed to have been built last week (week 1 build) so maybe Feb I can start the projects.

Only 65 today, so would have been great for a short ride.

Ron

Rally Rat
    Eastern Beaver is a good vendor with high-quality stuff. I'm a happy customer.

I have both a Centech AP-1 (unswitched, always on power fuse box) and a CP-2 (Partly switched.) Whether you switch the farkle or not depends on what you intend to do. For example, are you powering a GPS? Then you likely want it unswitched, so the GPS continues to work when you are at a gas stop. But something like auxiliary lights or electric clothing could be switched.

On the Road

Thumbs up Eastern Beaver

Eastern Beaver will do you right. Just installed an AP-2 and a headlight modulator on my bike. Great communication and fast shipping from Jim Davis. No affiliation.

2153516014_4716d95788