• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rally Vendors

Fortes fortuna iuvat
Being a relatively new MOA member & not yet having attended the rally, I am wondering whether the vendors that attend bring a relatively decent stock of inventory. Reason I ask is that I am looking for panniers for my GS and am undecided as to which to buy. I see that both Micatech and Jesse luggage were listed as being at the '07. I am hoping to decide after looking at the products & talking with the reps on ground. If they have what I want I will buy on site. Do they have tools on hand for installation? Last question, does Touratech usually attend the national rallies too?

The best thing might be just to walk around and talk with all the attendees. You will see stuff that is very inventive. Also you can talk to people and see what they think from actual use and not being sales people.

Some have an adequate inventory and some don't. I have ordered things and had them shipped to me once I got home. It works better if you have limited storage to take the items back with you and it also saves sales tax. Some states have a very high sales tax you will pay if you buy your stuff at the Rally.

Being a relatively new MOA member & not yet having attended the rally, I am wondering whether the vendors that attend bring a relatively decent stock of inventory. Reason I ask is that I am looking for panniers for my GS and am undecided as to which to buy. I see that both Micatech and Jesse luggage were listed as being at the '07. I am hoping to decide after looking at the products & talking with the reps on ground. If they have what I want I will buy on site. Do they have tools on hand for installation? Last question, does Touratech usually attend the national rallies too?

I didn't see Touratech at 07. As far as supplies - generally yes - they bring enough - at least the larger vendors. The plus side of buying at the rally is the help and advice when and after you buy - whatever you buy. In addtion to the vendors, other riders are always happy to help; its the place to buy if you have a concern re: use or installation. Tools ??? iffy but I am sure out the 8k people there that someone will be there to help.

I agree though - Touratech is probably the best - they are my wish list for next year for my GS. No welds and seals that are top notch.

I've seen venters install all kinds of various farkles at rallys over the years. Also, there is almost always a UPS at the rally site. Plus with the number of GS's that will be at the rally, you will get to talk to hundreds of people with as many different set ups. Another great benefit of going to rallys. :thumb

Al and Julie Jesse usually bring demo products but not inventory as far a luggage is concerned. They might have some inventory of small items like their oil filter wrench. I have not seen Jesse Luggage being installed at the rally. But if you find what you like they can have it at your door often by the time you get home.

Al and Julie Jesse usually bring demo products but not inventory as far a luggage is concerned. They might have some inventory of small items like their oil filter wrench. I have not seen Jesse Luggage being installed at the rally. But if you find what you like they can have it at your door often by the time you get home.

i have seen al jesse, in the past, install bags that were already purchased where the buyer made arrangements for them to be delivered at the show, but his products are pretty much hand made and *almost* made to order.

i've seen micatech do this, too, but for the most part, major components like bags are something that you'd need to make special arrangements for.

ian

Vendors

Where did you find a vendors list. I have never been to the rally and will be attending the WY rally. I would like to do the Cee Bailey wind screen demo for my passenger on my R 1200 GS. No matter where I position the windscreen she complains of buffiting. I have the BMW top case installed for her to lean on. Stock is fine for me but not her. I'm about 800 miles to their nearest demo dealer. Thanks Rick:dunno

Your best bet is to contact the vendors you are interested in directly and inquire of them just what products and services they will bring/offer at the rally.
It's unrealistic to expect anyone here to speak for a specific vendor.

Back