• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photo Assignment: Weekend 01/05/08

nope, bullets never travel mere inches, nor do they travel a thousand miles or more, least none I know of.

hint: it is related to one of the bonus points you mentioned AND it meets both conditions above.

RM

Rocketman, it's got to be a valve head or a tappet hasn't it?
Which and on what part of the bike (engine pressumably) I can't tell from the shot or number.

240043671-L.jpg

looks like you were rooting around the laundry basket of the Iron Butt riders.:blah

Rocketman, it's got to be a valve head or a tappet hasn't it?
Which and on what part of the bike (engine pressumably) I can't tell from the shot or number.

it doesn't HAVE to be anything, does it? It COULD be nothing (though its not), remember this is supposed to be a close up so its probably not a piston or a freight train..

it could be un-side down or upside out, (but its not) can't be a valve face since they are perfectly flat and this obviously isn't

Can't be the valve seat side since the end of the valve stem in the center would be out of focus and there is no valve seat....(and its not a football either, if that helps:laugh ).

as for not being able to tell if it IS a tappet, isn't that the other bonus point value?( i.e. being not easily recognizable)

multiple guesses don't count (new rule I just made up! Ha Ha!)

you need to say with certainty what it is (second new rule I just made up:bolt )

but keep trying,,,, the truth will be reveled (or not.....:dunno )

RM

OK, right off I'm going to acknowledge that I will be this week's post-whore. I just drug out two flashes, two light stands, an umbrella, a soft-box, a flashmeter, a tripod, and my camera with a 100 mm macro lens. I ain't goin' through all that without making you all look at some pictures.

I think mine are a bit more self-evident than RocketMan's, but he is, after all, an international man of mystery, baby.

So here goes:

Yes, but a fastener to what? (This is too easy)

Last edited:
OK, right off I'm going to acknowledge that I will be this week's post-whore. I just drug out two flashes, two light stands, an umbrella, a soft-box, a flashmeter, a tripod, and my camera with a 100 mm macro lens. I ain't goin' through all that without making you all look at some pictures.

I think mine are a bit more self-evident than RocketMan's, but he is, after all, an international man of mystery, baby.

So here goes:

240091350-L.jpg

Yes, but a fastener to what? (This is too easy)

Looks like a tupperware fastener, I have spent the last week getting all too familiar with those!

RM

the business end of an socket wrench.

all much too easy, better get out those lights, stands and umbrella again, dude!:stick

RM

speaking of which I'm thinking its time to get me a nice ring flash for stuff like this.

Five for six. Told you they were easy.

Not a socket wrench, at least per se.

P.S. I don't miss those fasteners one bit.

Five for six. Told you they were easy.

Not a socket wrench, at least per se.

P.S. I don't miss those fasteners one bit.
Hmmm, well that one did have me wondering.....

I've discovered there are like 40 something on an LT and I've had to remove and replace the tupperware twice in the past week! Next time it stays off! Ha Ha!

RM

(international man of mystery!) Has a nice ring to it, don't you think>:laugh

PS this is actually really funny and somewhat apropos as having grown up living overseas, my friends and I would often refer to ourselves as "Internationals" when the kids state-side would give us a hard time about talking about all the stuff we did in such and such a country. They couldn't grasp that for us it was just like when they talked about doing such and such "in the woods back of Joe's house" it was just that our frame of references were more wide spread.
I guess they saw it as bragging, but for us it was perfectly natural. I learned pretty quick to be careful how i talked around the "homeies" (as we called them for lack of a better term) during home leave summers as a teen. Ha Ha!

Back