• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photo Assignment: Weekend 01/05/08

For the close ups I ditched the DSLR as I couldn't get any macro images (almost certainly my and not the camera's inabilities) and resorted to an old Nikon Coolpix 4500 4 Mpixel 4x zoom. I'm more than happy with the results and it was a darn sight easier to work with, as it had an idiot proof macro setting. I'm thinking that I might prefer to take this with me on the S. America 3 cups trip, rather than the much larger and cumbersome (TOM...cumbersome, not cumberful) DSLR and a couple of lenses.

Random Macro Shots

Two of the bike in the morning sun.

Front Brake
macro001.jpg

Grill
macro002.jpg

And one of a thorny plant that was flowering.
macro009.jpg

Art
kartcon - Port Orange Fl.

Kartcon,

Welcome.

Can I say how depressed I feel, having seen your first offerings!

Firstly...how clean is your bike?
That depressed me straight away.

Secondly, flowers in bloom! That further rubbed salt into an already open wound.

Finally, the coup de grasse...bloody good pics!

I'm going to have to catch that damnable squirrel now and take it to the beauty salon, get it polished and add a flower to its hair, just to get something comparable to offer up.

Welcome!!!!

"Here squirrel, come to daddy"

240043683-L.jpg

This is what my close up was of...

an 1860 newspaper printers block of a high street where I used to live (It had changed, but not drastically by the time I lived there. I think the horse drawn carriage had moved!).

I'm sure some of you will be able to tell me how they tranfered a photograph onto an etched copper plate, and I'd be fascinated to hear the process.

240043683-L.jpg

This is what my close up was of...

an 1860 newspaper printers block of a high street where I used to live (It had changed, but not drastically by the time I lived there. I think the horse drawn carriage had moved!).

I'm sure some of you will be able to tell me how they tranfered a photograph onto an etched copper plate, and I'd be fascinated to hear the process.

So I guess my guess as more than a little off, eh? (thou I did get the "screen"part right.):laugh

RM

How old is the High Street picture ? Because there are no Pakistani in the photo. :scratch

I'm sure there are lots of countries that don't have any representatives, some countries wouldn't even have existed as countries...Bangladesh, Iraq, Israel. There may have been a Prussian or two shopping though.

Art,

I'll add my welcome to the MOA Forum and our thread in particular. Glad to have you aboard. Post often.

:type

If that's true Tom, it's awesomeful!

Now there's a cumbersome word!

Perhaps I'm confused. It would explain the queer looks I get when I request a thimblesome of brandy.

Besides, cumberful is a perfectly cromulent word.

Perhaps I'm confused. It would explain the queer looks I get when I request a thimblesome of brandy.

Besides, cumberful is a perfectly cromulent word.

I'm full of acquiesentialness to your superior gramarphicational skills,

My humblest apologifications.

This is really neat. The DoF is used to great effect here. I love the receding numbers. . . .

Thanks Tom!

This week's photo assignment was extra helpful to me. After complaining that my camera doesn't have many photo options, I started playing with buttons and found all sorts of manual controls. Automatic or manual white balance adjust, exposure adjustment, ISO adjustment, color balance, etc. Really nice, actually. Now I just have to go back to all the places I've visited and re-take a bunch of photos. :laugh

Back