• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I want a louder horn for my '02 GS

randlyn

Can someone please give me ideas for a louder horn for my '02 GS? I would prefer a simple RandR installation.

I installed a Stebel horn on each of my bikes. No pics, but a little creativity works for mounting them. And DO use the relay.

The FIAAM dual hi-low tone horns can't be beat for the price. E-Z install too. I got em from Rider Warehouse (even though they are made right here in Cadillac, MI, I could not buy direct):usa

The FIAAM dual hi-low tone horns can't be beat for the price. E-Z install too. I got em from Rider Warehouse (even though they are made right here in Cadillac, MI, I could not buy direct):usa

Can that connect in place on a one horn line?

Pep Boys

I bought a single tone, lower tone, at Pep Boys, bolted right up to the same mount as the stock and it's much louder. I don't think it was over $20.

If you only use a single tone it's best to use the lower tone as the sound carries better.
:wave
Kevin

I bought a single tone, lower tone, at Pep Boys, bolted right up to the same mount as the stock and it's much louder. I don't think it was over $20.

If you only use a single tone it's best to use the lower tone as the sound carries better.
:wave
Kevin

http://www.bikerhiway.com/horns-29/stebel-nautilus-compact-motorcycle-air-horn---black-74.html

Here is the Stebel air horn and the vendor from whom I got mine. They were great to deal with and delivered promptly. This came with the relay in a kit with simple instructions. The only interesting portion was getting it rigged with a bracket to mount the horns open-end-down in place of the original biscuit horn between the front pipes behind the headlamp on my R1100RT-P. It is a head-turner and will take an unobservant caged lane changer out of their slumber every time. Just watch out for the flying drool as the driver's head snaps around... :p

One option - is the low tone horn from an RT.. it plugs right into the harness (assuming the GS has the same pancake horn as the R1200R) - mounts on the existing bracket and is considerably more penetrating in sound. It's what I have on my '07 R12R..

Back