• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Northern Cascades

tinboatcapt

Fixin' ta ride
I hope this is the correct place to ask a route question.

I have been Eyeing the maps and wondering about the Northern Cascades/ highway 20 route across northern Washington. Two places catch my interest from the Access Washington website: Diablo and Grand Coulie [sp?] Dams. Are there other stops that are "Must See". My objective is the Olympic Penninsula with an interstate return. This is definately not an "Iron Butt" run. 300-500 mi/day on this old frame is plenty.

Years ago I made it to Glacier via Highway 2 from Minneapolis, but turned north and missed the northern corner. I took in the Canadian Rockies to Jasper and home through Saskatoon, Winipeg, and the Souix Narrows. Then had to build a career, and raise a family.

Thanks in advance.
Jim :idea

You will LOVE the ride over Rte 20 through the North Cascades.Give yourself lots of time to stop for pics and just to take in the views.There is a little town in there somewhere called Mazama,worth a 2-3 hour stop and browse.

Thanks.
I've found the location of Mazama in the Okanogan National Forest. I've added it to the "must stop and see" list.
Jim
:)

Back