• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Don't let this happen to the memory of Mr. Christ

My point here is, aside from the fact that our society considers a motorcyclists life extremely cheap, there is additionally a pervasive gender bias in our courts. The upshot here will in all likelihood be coddling of this perp, due to a rarely discussed facet of sexism. Why is this not discussed?

The state of Wisconsin has a very strong motorcycle lobby. I would say that, at least here, motorcyclists' lives are not considered cheap.

As I understand it, this was her first alcohol-related offense. We need to understand & appreciate the delicate line a judge needs to walk while trying to determine the best punishment for any crime.

After seeing all of the continuing action that is required on her part on behalf of the family and the community, I think this was a fair sentence.

The state of Wisconsin has a very strong motorcycle lobby. I would say that, at least here, motorcyclists' lives are not considered cheap.

As I understand it, this was her first alcohol-related offense. We need to understand & appreciate the delicate line a judge needs to walk while trying to determine the best punishment for any crime.

After seeing all of the continuing action that is required on her part on behalf of the family and the community, I think this was a fair sentence.
I agree in all respects. For this offender, it is going to be a very long and difficult sentence to serve and it will not surprise me in the least to see her fail in one respect or another and have to go to prison.

Wisconsin's weakness is not in crafting an unusual sentence for the conditions, or in failing to value a life lost, but in its sentencing tolerance for drunk driving behavior in general. We are the only state not to require jail time for every OUI offense. Here, the first one is free. You pay your fine, you probably do an AODA (and treatment if recommended), you kick in a few bucks for MADD, and you're done. Because this case resulted in a death, even the typical 3-day first offender sentence in most states is meaningless. What we see is repeat offenders with 5 to 10 offenses! Clearly, this is not one of them, I hope she is not symptomatic of them, and I hope that her community service can make some kind of a difference in the future.

Not sure how many of yall know about my daughter, but she was riding behind an unlicensed driver with no helmet. He admitted to drinking about 6 beers in preceding 2 hours befor he had a wreck with her on the back. I know this is about cagers hitting bikers but any poor judgement that hurts a rider needs to be addressed. I am sure some here feel I have an ax to grind but all this kid got was 4 LOUSY TICKETS!!! The state trooper that worked the case did not feel alcohol played a factor!!! My daughter was careflighted from the scene and spent almost 2 weeks in the hospital!!! He walked away with minor roadrash...:confused:

'shall maintain full time employment'

So does this mean that she goes to prison if nobody will hire her?

Not sure how many of yall know about my daughter, but she was riding behind an unlicensed driver with no helmet. He admitted to drinking about 6 beers in preceding 2 hours befor he had a wreck with her on the back. I know this is about cagers hitting bikers but any poor judgement that hurts a rider needs to be addressed. I am sure some here feel I have an ax to grind but all this kid got was 4 LOUSY TICKETS!!! The state trooper that worked the case did not feel alcohol played a factor!!! My daughter was careflighted from the scene and spent almost 2 weeks in the hospital!!! He walked away with minor roadrash...:confused:

Do you happen to visit another forum about red tractors? Your story sounds very similar to one I read about over there. I hope she doesn't have any lasting effects from the accident.

'shall maintain full time employment'

So does this mean that she goes to prison if nobody will hire her?
It can, although a 'job search' is also usually accepted by the court. That means she will be allowed to remain free (actually, she should still be serving her county time as of now) while demonstrating to the court's satisfaction (monitored by her P.O.) that she is seeking work - making a certain number of contacts per week. An additional incentive for the court here is to enable her to contribute financially to Christ's family, especially toward the end of the sentence, so I would expect them to push her to seek work more than push to have her in prison.

Do you happen to visit another forum about red tractors? Your story sounds very similar to one I read about over there. I hope she doesn't have any lasting effects from the accident.

NO...not sure what forum that would be..I hang mainly on ADV Rider, GSRI, and TWTexas...she will have scars...

Is the mug shot for this female dog/person available to the public?

Can anybody post mug shot or other picture and last know address
so we can keep an eye open for her and her behavior?

Can anybody advise how to do this and stay at least 1 inch shy of
any activity that might legally be considered as Stalking?

Is the mug shot for this female dog/person available to the public?

Can anybody post mug shot or other picture and last know address
so we can keep an eye open for her and her behavior?

Can anybody advise how to do this and stay at least 1 inch shy of
any activity that might legally be considered as Stalking?

In order: I doubt it, I don't know, and no. At least I won't. She has a sentence and professional supervisors. The State of Wisconsin does not welcome more attention and I would not advise doing anything that even slightly resembles stalking. I would certainly never tell anyone who is a complete stranger (and anonymous, to boot) how to go about it.

Back