• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pet Pictures

Teddy

That picture is way to cute.......:) ....I love those sunglasses he is wearing....Does he actually ride with you like that........

Re: Teddy

BMW Beauty said:
That picture is way to cute.......:) ....I love those sunglasses he is wearing....Does he actually ride with you like that........

Yep, it took a few months of serious training to get to the point where he actually rides. In the picture we are rolling along about 15mph. I have had him up to 55 with no problems. The 'sunglasses' are actually doggles made specifically for dogs. I think they come in about 4 or 5 sizes and can be found on E-bay for around $15. The training involved several steps:

1. tank bag (on living room the floor) training with lots of treats
2. doggles training with lots of treats
3. tank bag + doggles training (still on the floor) with lots of treats
4. tank bag on the bike with lots of treats
5. tank bag on a running bike (the RT) with lots of treats
6. tank bag + doggles + running bike with lots of treats
7. tank bag + doggles + rolling bike in garage (Honda Rebel) with lots of treats
8. tank bag + doggles + running bike then driving with lots of treats (do you see a pattern here?)
9. Graduation to the R1200C on the day after his first ride on the Rebel. He went 15 miles and I only had to tell him to sit one time. Even practiced tight, lock-to-lock figure eights in a parking lot with him on the tank. I think he's a natural.

Step 3 of the training.

Attachments

• im001070.jpg
    im001070.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 956
Re: Re: Teddy

cruisin said:
Yep, it took a few months of serious training to get to the point where he actually rides. In the picture we are rolling along about 15mph. I have had him up to 55 with no problems. The 'sunglasses' are actually doggles made specifically for dogs. I think they come in about 4 or 5 sizes and can be found on E-bay for around $15. The training involved several steps:

1. tank bag (on living room the floor) training with lots of treats
2. doggles training with lots of treats
3. tank bag + doggles training (still on the floor) with lots of treats
4. tank bag on the bike with lots of treats
5. tank bag on a running bike (the RT) with lots of treats
6. tank bag + doggles + running bike with lots of treats
7. tank bag + doggles + rolling bike in garage (Honda Rebel) with lots of treats
8. tank bag + doggles + running bike then driving with lots of treats (do you see a pattern here?)
9. Graduation to the R1200C on the day after his first ride on the Rebel. He went 15 miles and I only had to tell him to sit one time. Even practiced tight, lock-to-lock figure eights in a parking lot with him on the tank. I think he's a natural.

Step 3 of the training.

Yes I see your pattern.....lol.....:) I have a Rottweiler so it won't work.......Dang...... The glasses are so cool.......:bliss

Rott

BradfordBenn said:
:idea Put the Rott on the pillon seat. :p

Dang Brad....What a good idea.....:idea ....But first I definitely have to have a pair of those sunglasses for Cheyenne......:p ....
Then I need a seat belt harness that you can buy at the Pet Store......:bliss .....We would look so "Cute" riding around town.......Everyone would know I was riding with a "Real Dog"....LOL..........:eek

Last edited:
To Crusin and Teddy,

Way too Cool! I can see you guys making the cover of the BMW ON.

Please submit a pic to the editor... You guys make quite the team.

Ride on....

Jean

Cat #32 and her most recent litter ...

The kittens account for numbers 37 through 44. :cat

The kids name'em, but I number'em. :D

This is one fer-tile cat. She had three in the first litter, and eight in the second litter. We plan to have her fixed before she proliferates again!

Attachments

• kittens007b.jpg
    kittens007b.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 877
Last edited:
Pets

I'm waaay late on this post, but just found it, and thought I'd add my critter. Not sure this will work

Karol

Attachments

• gypsy r1100rtp.jpg
    gypsy r1100rtp.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 841
Special grrl

I've posted to this thread before, but thought I'd resurrect it for the new folks. I never get sick of animals. This is Stella by the way.

Attachments

• goodbyespecialgirlsmall.jpg
    goodbyespecialgirlsmall.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 800
My dogs:

9087158-M.jpg

9087153-M.jpg

Release the hounds!

I could've sworn that I had posted this pic, but guess I was mistaken. Oh well, here they are, Rocky and Patches, beagle and bluetick coonhound x respectively. Both shelter dogs...
normal_hounds%7E0.jpg

boxergrrlie said:
I'll even resurrect it 'cause my dog is cuter and photographs better than YOUR dog ;)
:thumb

Here's my clan

Luke - Black Lab

brewer5dj.jpg

Sasha - Australian Shepherd

sasha12dp.jpg

Bella - Thoroughbred

bella33qu.jpg

Gryph?Ân - German Trakehner

gryphn37pu.jpg

Hi Stella!

I'll have to introduce you to Tori & Tate this weekend when I get get a shot of our two shelties. :thumb

Our little girl Prissy, who's in training to ride the RT.

Attachments

• Prissy.jpg
    Prissy.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 729
Our Gang!

Ollie is the Dachshund and Maggie is the Greyhound. They are the best of friends. Our two cats, Putz (one eyed) and HAVIG (one eyed and one eared, hence hearing and visually impaired gatto (HAVIG), wonÔÇÖt cooperate.

Attachments

• Ollie and Maggie on alert 2.png
    Ollie and Maggie on alert 2.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 721
Back