• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Pet Pictures

We used to fly our Mooney M20C up to Homer....ConcowRider

Hey, Dave, I used to have an M20J. We'd fly our Ridgebacks (see post 234 above) around in it. Wonderful airplanes; I always thought of them as flying BMW's.

Going to Homer....that's heavy duty flying.:thumb Furthest north I got in mine was Yellowknife, and scared myself silly getting through the smoke from the summer forest fires.

Rinty

Last edited:
Sorry this is a bit off topic but here goes.

Rinty, Flying to AK was a "trip". With only 9 inches of prop clearence (yes I measured) and being low slung the Mooney looked like a 911 Porsche at a 4X4 truck convention. Some of those Super Cubs on tundra tires had 36 inches between prop and the ground.

We encountered a forest fire north of Williston Lake and called Watson Lake radio to report it. They said not to worry because it had been burning for a while and the fall rains would put it out pretty soon?? Coming from CA. that was a very different answer than I expected. Fort Yukon AK. was as far north as we went. It is 8 miles north of the Arctic Circle so I guess we done OK. We flew through lots of rain but overall were very lucky with the weather. We showed up at Whitehorse FSS and got briefed and the sat images showed the Inside Passage was severe clear all the way down so, off we went. We came south to Victory Int. after a fuel stop in Prince Rupert. It took us ~ 7 hours in the Mooney to do what 20 years later would take us months in MV ACCORD.

We only took our Abisinian cat (Abigail) on one flight in the Mooney and she was so totally freaked out that we never tried that (bad idea) again. I think dogs do much better in that kind of environment.
Sorry no digital images of Abby Cat. Maybe in the future, when we get more hardcopy scanned in.

Cheers
Dave, Dot & Freckles Doggie

Pet pictures

...we were very lucky with the weather...ConcowRider

Truly, because, as you know, a Mooney won't carry enough ice to chill a Martini. :laugh Although Richard Collins picked up 4" of rime on a 201 once; slowed him down to 105 knots.

Our Abyssinian...was totally freaked out...

That is too funny, and I can imagine what it would be like to have one inside an aircraft. We have one of those little spitfires too, (see post 219 above) and she's asthmatic. So you can imagine how much fun my wife and I have giving her the inhaler, twice a day. The first time we did it, we were well and truly scarred up.:laugh

Our Ridgeback was fine, though, even during multiple touch and go's.

Rinty

Last edited:
Belated HVD from Skippy

Skippy sent this Valentine's Day greeting to Bonnie, my Cairn terrier, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing it with all of you too. :)

Skippy lives in sunny California.....lucky dog!

Although, come to think of it, there is nothing Bonnie loves more than plunging her nose into fresh snow....and we've got plenty of that here in Alaska.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Attachments

• Skippy's HVD Wishes 2008.jpg
    Skippy's HVD Wishes 2008.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 399
Okay, I'll take a stab at this...
Here's my cat, Lydia, helping with the housework.

255152990_EYrAB-M.jpg

She likes being vacuumed!

Buckley - back - He was a weekend guest.
Sassy - middle
Ruby - foreground

Attachments

• Pups0001_2.JPG
    Pups0001_2.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 401
Passing the torch

All right, listen up youngster. Best place to unroll TP is in the upstairs bathroom, rawhide bones get buried north of the house and we never, never loose control in the house, most of the time, ya hear?

Attachments

• Sherrie meets Freckles-1.jpg
    Sherrie meets Freckles-1.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 387
2 riders in the house, both on bikes of top quality German heritage, so it's only right that there are 2 dogs of top quality German heritage (both were born in Germany).
this is Cargo (he's a total load).. just over 1 year old, as sweet as could possibly be, and a complete gomer
CargoDec072.jpg

on his 1 year b'day...
bdayboy3.jpg

as a pup, playing with Magda....
keepaway4.jpg

Maggie, although only a bit more than 1/2 his size, still thoroughly dominates him...
jousting.jpg

raw size is no match for speed and agility
maggie2.jpg

and this is Gizmo, our Maine Coon. He loves nothing better than harrassing either of the dogs. Well, that and chasing a laser dot around the living room floor..
meetthegizzy.jpg

Lotta fur on this kitty..
beautyshot.jpg

Another hard day

Me and my budies resting after a hard day. :snore

Attachments

• Life is hard.jpg
    Life is hard.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 434
pet pix

Me and my buddies.....GSDennny

You've got two Abyssinians? That must be an exciting household!:laugh

This reminds me I should get our fireplace tech in to get ours going again, so all the little critters can curl up in front of it.

Rinty

How to Dry a Cat

lets-go-4-a-ride.jpg

contentment after drying.....

"Its Warm in Here!"

ride-2.jpg

RM

A Simon Sunday......

I'm out riding and my ten year old Maine Coon cat "Simon" has his winter coat working for him as he catches some needed down time after a tough week......

Attachments

• DSC00795.JPG
    DSC00795.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:
Cats always seem to be up to something, especially if they're not doing anything.
:)

Buster Black Jack ... resident schemer.
BusterBlackJacksmall.jpg

Anything you're doing, no matter how trivial, is always of utmost fascination for your cat. It's quite flattering, really. :laugh

Re post 290: I'm sure everyone knows this already, but you want to be extra careful with them around dryers; or they may end up going for a terrible ride. We keep them out of the laundry room when we're doing laundry.

Rinty

Candie

Yes Rinty, this household can get pretty crazy when they decide to hunt, us mainly...

Candie is a ruddy abyssinian, and just like her name, she can be "sweet and sour"

Attachments

• Candie.jpg
    Candie.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 375
Conan

Conan, the entertainer a.k.a. Mr Mojo, the coolest cat in the house.

Attachments

• Conan.jpg
    Conan.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 371
Back