• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pet Pictures

Molly's second birthday

HOO HOO Yeah Baby we got it now.

Attachments

• blow out the candles.jpg
    blow out the candles.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,127
Molly's Stick

The secret was the cake, she was kinda freaked about sitting in the chair, I think she thought she was in trouble.
Now that it is warming up she wants to jump in the lake at 10 PM, it's real drag to find a soaking wet dog on the porch when you're getting ready to go to bed.

Wet Dogs

Yup, I know that feeling. Of course the harder it is raining the more they want to be outside.

dzimbric, I am quite happy without children, and I will pass on the offer:D . I once fed a dog I had garlic to help control fleas. I think it was the gas he got that did it. It was nasty.

My wife's bull terrier, which I lovingly adopted upon our marriage:

126057-M-1.jpg

Then a stray cat came our way about 6 months ago. She wandered into my wife's workplace and we adopted her immediately. But she seemed lonely so we had to adopt another friend to keep her company.
Lucibelle is on the right with new addition, the eternally goofy but absolutely delightful and very affectionate PK in the background.
3167924-M.jpg

All three are great buddies to us.
:clap

What a BEAUTIFUL Golden Retriever! And ya can't beat their disposition.:thumb

Gotta love them. Here is my 4:45 am alarm clock and early morning guide. Helps me with my morning routine. Baby has graced our lives for the last nine years and we hope many, many more.

Attachments

• baby_attitude_2.jpg
    baby_attitude_2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,001
Guzzi said:
What a BEAUTIFUL Golden Retriever! And ya can't beat their disposition.:thumb

She's a gem. We're in the process of choosing a collie to adopt from a rescue organization...hope it turns out as well.

Yup! That's the only way to do it! Why BUY a dog from some "puppy mill" when ya can rescue one from possibly being put to death?:dunno

My best friend has 5 "BIG'uns" that are all adopted, and they're the sweetest guys! Their uncle (that would be ME!) loves 'em dearly! Can't have pets, cuz I live in an apartment.:cry

I salute you :clap for doing a truely decent deed!

Rescue is the way to go. We boycott stores that sell puppies and frequent stores that have adoption days.

Having said that we did purchase both of our dogs... but they were not from mills/farms. They were from AKC breeders and we purchased the "Non Show Quality" ones. We had been waiting over a year on each of the rescue lists when the litters were born, so we were invited to have first picks.

Our Callie was a 'non-show quality' dog from a breeder as well. Not that we tell her that! We are going through the Minnesota-Wisconsin Collie Rescue organization right now. We just had our home visit yesterday, which is the last step in the process. We're looking at several adult dog possibilities. We've also signed up as foster parents for rescued goldens. Could be quite the menagerie around here before we're done.

I would love nothing better than to have a big house in the country, with about 6 or 7 big dogs in and out and all around all day. If I had the startup funds, I would love to open a doggie day care, that would be a hoot to do.

We've been having that conversation. My wife has been 'at home' since getting laid off in the telecom meltdown. We love critters, so we're trying to think how we can parlay that into an income opportunity (albeit maybe a small one). We need more room, as her definition of the right number of dogs is the same as my definition of the right number of bikes...one more than you have. Of course, I agree with her on the dogs.

BradfordBenn said:
Rescue is the way to go. We boycott stores that sell puppies and frequent stores that have adoption days.

Having said that we did purchase both of our dogs... but they were not from mills/farms. They were from AKC breeders and we purchased the "Non Show Quality" ones. We had been waiting over a year on each of the rescue lists when the litters were born, so we were invited to have first picks.

I also boycott stores that sells puppies.... Although I bought my dog from an AKC breeder I admire people that rescue dogs.
I also would love to have a farm for rescue puppies.... They usually make the best pets.....:dog ....
I could never work in a "puppy mill"...:..:cry

Hi I'm new...

here's my two...both rescues (Penninsula Humain Society, and Fairmont animal shelter)...Christy on the left (she's about 13 now, and Tachi on the right (he's about 10).

Attachments

• tachchsgrssm.jpg
    tachchsgrssm.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 925
Back