• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pet Pictures

Look who fell down our chimney on a dark and stormy night. Really!

We call her Stormy Claws.

P1080047.jpg

Voni
sMiling

None. Unless someone just dropped her off in the desert. There are not a lot of homes around here and no one else that we've asked had seen her before. After she came down the chimney and ran out the door into the dark of night we didn't see her for two months. And there are hawks, and owls and coyotes that love eating small creatures so she must be tough!

One night she just wandered by as we were sipping wine and watching the sunset so we put out food. Now she owns us!

Onza, with a big jump, is very excited after a successful morning of tracking in Schutzhund training.

PB102851_1_1_edited2.jpg

You are correct

Because one Husky isn't enough.

View attachment 37191

You are correct, see posts #525, #527 by my husband Darryl of our 3 siberian huskies, Since 1982 we have had a total of 7 siberians.

My employer asked me once would we ever consider another breed. I said no, as we would have to change all the artwork in our home (all wolfs and inuit art).

Beautiful dogs.

Terry, I went back and looked at your three--beautiful animals. It seems I am constantly talking people out of getting Huskies though. Most just want them because they are so beautiful but have no idea how to handle them or what it takes to raise and train them. Mine heel, are boundary trained, will stay in their kennels with the door open until told to come out, etc. Folks don't have a clue what it takes to train a Husky in any manner that is contrary to their desire to run. And of course, if you don't have some way to engage that desire, you have a disaster on your hands. That said, they are totally worth it!

Training

Terry, I went back and looked at your three--beautiful animals. It seems I am constantly talking people out of getting Huskies though. Most just want them because they are so beautiful but have no idea how to handle them or what it takes to raise and train them. Mine heel, are boundary trained, will stay in their kennels with the door open until told to come out, etc. Folks don't have a clue what it takes to train a Husky in any manner that is contrary to their desire to run. And of course, if you don't have some way to engage that desire, you have a disaster on your hands. That said, they are totally worth it!

Yes I know what you mean, you have to train them at a very early age that you are the alpha, if not they rule the pack. Since I am the only female in the pack I am the alpha "bitch" (really I am a nice person) , my dogs can tell by my voice and the enunciation of there name.

We have had 3 black and white and 4 grey(wolf), not a red maybe someday they are so beautiful. Out of 14 eyes we have had 1 blue eye. Our first male was bi-eyed. It use to freak some people out, or they though he was blind in one eye.

Nice to talk to you about our sibs.

Terry

Buddy

Buddy is real sport.Jumps off anything high....

Well he got a minor head injury and does it no more...Here he is with a protective head gear piece on. He hated it. He now no longer wears it but is very selective on heights!!

He also sleeps very well...........................

Attachments

• buddy 2_643x600.jpg
    buddy 2_643x600.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 220
  • Buddy a_800x600.jpg
    Buddy a_800x600.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 221
To our BMW Family

To our BMW Family;

Terry & I lost one one of our loved Siberian Huskies today.
Dawson was a champion show dog when he came to live with us 6 years ago.
At first he didn't seem to fit in with our other two huskies because a champion
has to be still and stand like a statue for the judges, you see Dawson didn't
know how to play. Slowly he came to be like a dog but still he had that majestic
aire about him and never could walk past a mirror without looking at himself!
Dawson, Terry & I will miss you and I know your littermate Shadow and little
Morgan will have a big hole in their hearts.

Attachments

• Dawson Standard e-mail view.jpg
    Dawson Standard e-mail view.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 193
To our BMW Family;

Terry & I lost one one of our loved Siberian Huskies today.
Dawson was a champion show dog when he came to live with us 6 years ago.
At first he didn't seem to fit in with our other two huskies because a champion
has to be still and stand like a statue for the judges, you see Dawson didn't
know how to play. Slowly he came to be like a dog but still he had that majestic
aire about him and never could walk past a mirror without looking at himself!
Dawson, Terry & I will miss you and I know your littermate Shadow and little
Morgan will have a big hole in their hearts.

You have our deepest condolences on your loss. We lost our husky to a stroke 5 years ago and he looked like Dawson. They are very gentle family members. Always remember his love and live in the thought that he will be waiting to greet you the next time the two of you meet.

Losing a beloved member of the family is hard. We lost our Golden Retriever a couple of months ago. Still think about him often.

We, as pet owners and BMWMOA members, can relate and share in your loss.

Back