• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Maiden Voyage '04

R

REBECCAV

What a difference a day makes! Yesterday I woke up to an inch of snow on the ground and it snowed off and on all day.

Attachments

• yesterday.jpg
    yesterday.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 239
Today  40 degrees and the roads are dry. Which means.I should really go for a ride! A shake-down ride, really. Get some new gas in the bike, ride in my new gear for the first time, and put on a few miles after some repairs and maintenance.

I adjusted my own valves for the first time last week, and was delighted that the bike actually started and ran. ThatÔÇÖs a good sign. I have new steering head bearings and a new battery, and vive la difference! I didnÔÇÖt realize that the old ones were so bad. My new Joe Rocket Ballistic Pants and Aerostitch Darien jacket are stiff, but WARM. I went a few blocks then turned around and took off a layer.

Then, out for a little ride. IÔÇÖve got to admit, IÔÇÖm a bit rusty after four months of not riding. Now, we just need some real riding weather. Preferably before the Blitz to Branson in three weeks!

Reporting from the no-longer-frozen tundra,
bg

Attachments

• today.jpg
    today.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 235
Finally, she's free!
:clap

congrats on getting out and about. I can't imagine going four months between rides.

Good for you BG. Great to hear them run again isn't it? We should be in the upper 40's low 50's this time of year and it just isn't happening. When it does, it rains pretty hard. Here is a shot taken at Grant's Birthplace. I feel fortunate to have the great riding that abounds in the Ohio Valley.

Attachments

• grants-birthplace-3-04.jpg
    grants-birthplace-3-04.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 227
Hey BG

From the looks of the whitecaps, you have the same wind we have in ND today, it is gusting up to 30 MPH. But I got in a few miles too, it feels great, doesn't it? Glad you made it out.

Yo BG

All right then. Good for you - PLUS (kinda like DANG) you adjusted your own valves and what not. Real good for you.
Just think, I was riding on the other side of that big lake (well, bout fifty miles east of the shore...) I'll look for you next time!
Man, it was 42 when I rode home from the store tonight (8:30 pm) that is the warmest temp for riding in months! felt like taking my liner out of my jacket.
Hurray for Spring...Hurray for Boxergrrlie

What a difference a day makes! Yesterday I woke up to an inch of snow on the ground and it snowed off and on all day.

Same here in Chicagoland,snowy morning,rain by noon.
Today sunny and 45*!!!!

Same here...3 inches of snow yesterday morning..in the 50's today. Rode to work. I feel like a whole person again.

I was out and about today too! I was able to put 100 miles on the bike today. I even came home in the dark and had to turn the widder down a little. I declare my riding season officially started.

Branson here I come!

Tracy:clap

Freaking Business Trip

Way to Go BG!:clap

Go for a ride for me, I am jonesing a ride real bad right now. It is almost perfect riding conditions in Vegas, and my bikes are in Indiana.

Drat:cry :cry :cry

Is it April yet?

knary said:
Finally, she's free!
:clap
congrats on getting out and about. I can't imagine going four months between rides.

It was a long four months and it does feel like being set free. It's nice to be able to share the experience with folks who understand!:bliss

Nice Day today, oboy!!

Sunny and warm, about 40 degrees.
Rode to do a few errands, get gas for tomorrow's YB
breakfast mtg. and alsu to check out the valve adj I did
yesterday. Yes VV, I also checked the float bowls for H2O!
Ride to eat, eat to rde......

Attachments

• karl's bmw.jpg
    karl's bmw.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 109
Re: Push it over here!

Cliffy777 said:
Hey Rich and BG - shove the sun my way will ya?

Yo Cliffy,

32 degrees today, not a whole lot of sun, I finally figured, who needs sun to have fun. You just gotta do what you gotta do. 175 miles later, hey, it was a great day.......

Attachments

• badlands.jpg
    badlands.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 98
Winter's back big time
It's nineteen degrees out now
Glad I got to ride

Back