• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photo Assignment: Weekend 12/1/07

techno mumbo jumbo

In smugmug mode, I cropped my Pi photo to see what it would look like without the trees on the left and whammy, it's been in changed ad infinitum. I suppose I'll be kept awake tonight thinking about URL's and how they are part of the "big picture" .............

RM- I like that blue twist!!!

Weeping window........

Stoned!
227719299-M-2.jpg

again, and again, and again........

227719294-S.jpg

Stoned, you say...Hmmmmm..........:D

RM

(Not that I'd know Anything about that, you understand??!)

two contributions: both taken near the gates of Halifax DND (Dept of National Defense), and judging from the many signs that said "No Cameras Allowed" I kept my focus away from their gaze - I was clearly being watched. Anyway, shot one (through a link/barbedwire fence) is a load of freight car train wheels..... elements seeking utility. -Bob
DSCN1871.jpg

...secondly, a piece of pipeline intent on evolving into a 'gateway' in a larger system. I could not get rid of that pole because of other items to the left. -Bob

DSCN1875.jpg

While taking my first picture, a jet was flying overhead on final approach so I took a shot.

Attachments

• jet 1.jpg
    jet 1.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 158
Thirsty?

This is what I ended up with. Shots like this are hard with a high-megapixel but BASIC digital camera. I think I may have to dig out my 3.3MP which had far more shooting options, and would probably be better stopping the motion in this case. I'm not excited about the blurring, but c'est la vie.

potw-elemental.jpg

Element

Many artistic and creative submittals to these photo assignments.

However, I just do not think "outside the box," (pun intended!)

DSC01228.jpg

John F
Cincinnati, OH

This is a really cool shot, very imaginative. I am entirely impressed by your immaculately groomed fingernails.

Oh my! Why thank you!:bow
I was going to have then polished just for this occasion but the manicurist was all out of the more "manly" colors, except for something called "Sissy Pink" and well that's just NOT my color! Ha Ha! :D

RM

Carbon is a Girl's Best Friend

DSC01635.JPG

(These need a good cleaning… I had to take these out of her ears for the shot.)

Last edited:
covert rainbird

I more or less hate this shot, but if not for this, no submission this week.

Only through herculean effort did I not crop, color-correct, or otherwise fiddle with this in post-processing. Thank goodness for my deeply ingrained sense of integrity, which almost makes up for my absolute inability to photograph an "element."

There are some really imaginative and well-executed efforts this week. I applaud you all.
:clap

I didn't think I'd have anything to post, but I was working on my brother's home stereo with
the complaint "I turned it on and it started smoking". It's only 6 years old, it's too young to smoke ;)

I quickly found the problem and thought it might be a nice entry. It was an interesting
exercise and I got to deploy my new Sunpak flash, and wireless shutter release for my Canon 10D.
I did resize these images as the originals were 2+MB in size each. They were only resized.

This was tricky to catch and I had it autofocus mode unfortunately (focus is apparently on
my finger not the center). This is the only shot that came out because the transistor causing
the problem (60V DC on the speaker output) baked and it didn't spark again:

sony01.JPG

The offending transistor, clearly toast (it's smoke element was released):

sony02.JPG

Last edited:
Judge this if you like, however hands up, I took it two weeks ago when I did the stone with the shadow pick. This weekend I've been drugged up on Vicodin, so have been a bit wobbly and certainly too unstable to take pics, or go out.

We do have a Honda Element, so I'd have gone that way probably.
Still, my submission was taken for a BMWMOA photo assignment.

Ca. elemental.

217335459-S.jpg

RTRandy, it may only be a fortuitous accident, but I like how the powerlines in your shot help give depth of field to the plane; it conveys "air" to me in three dimensions, even though it's a flat photo.

Back