• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bye Bye

04gt4me

:brow Well, I sold my '02 KLTC, I now have a 2004 R1200C Montauk. It's a totally different machine in all respects than the LT' but I sure do enjoy it . that big 16" tire in front eats these big Detroit chuck holes quite nicely. And the rear tire is fatter than any stock Harley around. I guess I forgot the real reason for this message is to say Bye- Bye K guyz, but you never know, some day maby I'll be back.:bliss

Congrats!

Love that big front tire. I just wonder when a 5+ gallon fuel tank will be available (even as an option) on the Montauk and R-CLC.

How 'bout some pics?

MarkF

Pictures

:dunno Sooner or later I'll lern how to do pictures, I have a camera too. I put the big "touring bags" on the Montauk, it's black metalflake paint looks just black untill the sun hits it, then the flake shows thru. I put the leather "lower" seat on it so you set lower. The Germans can't seem to get the "Cruzer" thing right, the stock seat sits you too high up on top of the bike, the low seat, you sit more into the bike. The new (internaly) muffelers sound good too, they sound Powerfull, like you got somthing between your legs. I went to a locak parkway the other day and stopped to B.S. with the local bikers, there were probubly 15 Harleys of various stiles and one or two rice burners. My Montauk was right in the middle of the group. People were very impressed, one said it was the first BMW He has ever REALLY LIKED. I figured that was a nice compliment coming from a HD rider. We were all just shooting the breez and LOW-AND-BEHOLD, that BMW had the biggest rear tire of any machine lined up:clap :bliss :D :brow Happieness is a New Bike!

Back