• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Lodging??

:lurk :scratch :dunno :type Just wondering Paul is there to be a Salty fog this year? any how to far for me I will be attending Fingerlakes,Laconium and The return to Trenton, That's my club, "The Loonie-tics" put a great show(The steaks melt in your mouth) in August, and if you know is the green mountain going this year? Thanks hope you all have a great time in wyo.

Michael R
12636x
K75rt
VE3CEH
RCE ret.

Will there be a Salty Fog?

Do Bears run in the woods?
Is the BIG Gig the premier Urban Rally?
Is Cape Breton one of the premier riding destinations in all the world?

Definitely will be a Salty Fog and this year with a diner and a breakfast and maybe even kayaking with the whales!

No beer halls - BYOB
No vendors
Fantastic Riding and the usual friendly Canadian hospitality!

I Love Salty Fog
LoveSaltyFogbutton.jpg

By the way, where and when is this RA Rally?!

Houghton, MI
June 19-22, 2008

http://www.bmwra.org/rally/

The price of lodging seems reasonable. See below:

Thank you for your email inquiring about summer housing options at
Michigan Technological University. We do have apartments and regular
residence hall rooms available for rent during this time. The cost
associated is as follows:

RESIDENCE HALL ROOM
Internet access is available to guests with a valid drivers license or
passport at the time of check-in. Michigan Tech residence halls are
smoke-free facilities.

Regular Room
single room - rate per night : $28.00
double room - rate per person per night : $18.50

Room w/ Private Bath
single room - rate per night : $36.00
double room - rate per person per night : $23.00

Meals are also available in the residence halls.
$5.95 breakfast
$6.95 lunch
$7.95 dinner

MICHIGAN TECH APARTMENTS
Availability and accommodations vary, please contact my staff at
906-487-2727.

UPDATE:Hi everyone!!,
I just called Travis at Michigan Tech about the dorm rooms there on campus.
Travis said he can't take reservations for the rally until late May. He also said there would not be a problem getting a room as there are over 2200 available! Once his summer staff is in place, he'll be able to take reservations.

Mark

Last edited:
the horse is now dead via flogging, the hide has been tanned and someone has a nice new leather jacket out of it. The good parts have been turned into jerky and the left overs are now being composted for someone's organic garden. I think continuing this rant is only serving to deter newcomers from attending the rally. YES, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but this is getting moldy.

One thing to keep in mind is the size of this event. It is huge. It rivals political conventions in size. There are not a lot of places that can handle this sort of thing and like everything else not everyone is going to be happy about decisions others make on their behalf. Crabbing over and over accomplishes nothing.

:lurk

the horse is now dead via flogging, the hide has been tanned and someone has a nice new leather jacket out of it. The good parts have been turned into jerky and the left overs are now being composted for someone's organic garden. I think continuing this rant is only serving to deter newcomers from attending the rally. YES, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but this is getting moldy.

One thing to keep in mind is the size of this event. It is huge. It rivals political conventions in size. There are not a lot of places that can handle this sort of thing and like everything else not everyone is going to be happy about decisions others make on their behalf. Crabbing over and over accomplishes nothing.

:lurk

I like Michigan....:scratch :scratch :scratch :scratch

kenkI will not go because of the distance involved, expenses involved (motels, etc) and there is nothing special (for me). I will probably substiture the RA rally in the UP of Michigan. It is just over half as far for me, is a nicer location for visiting as well as riding and it has a far more comfortable temperature.

When the UP location for the RA Rally was announced, I expressed disappointment to my wife that I might not attend because it was going to be too short of a ride. I figure on my way to Wyoming, I'd find some interesting roads and scenery. I was hoping for the same for the RA. I might have to take the long way through N. Ontario and ride around Lake Superior to extend the ride to the UP.

Back