• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Route from Minnesota to Gillette

I'm just gonna wait for you to come through Minnesota, get behind you, and draft you all the way to Gillette. I probably won't have to stop for gas more than once or twice.

:beer <----This is even "draft" beer. I'll buy you one. :wave
No, no, no, you and redclfco can lead.
Your handle will be "radar bait." :laugh

I you are going to mosey on out any one will work - 14, 12, US-212 - or way up north on 2.

Dave

We've done these roads as well (yearly trip from Central WA to southern MN). We aren't in a hurry, small town folk are friendly. Use caution at the fuel station, though, they have that nasty, crappy ethanol laden garbage that passes for fuel. We stick to premium between Billings, MT and Faribault, MN.

Fair enough, I did when I was typing it.

I may go through Iowa and come up Nebraska into Rapid City through the Southern part of the Badlands. I have gone that way before, all 2 lane. I don't rightly know yet. It depends how much time (my wife gives me.) I plan for.

This rocks!

I like, and thank you!

Roy! Iowa? Why don't you stay up high on the ridges and come with via 212! Stop here, whatsamatteru?

disclaimer; nothing against the wondeful crop producing land of Iowa where the offspring from your loins are higher than average IQ babies, beautiful women and strong and healthy young men, just riding that way godomighty! find another way!

This rocks!

I like, and thank you!

Roy! Iowa? Why don't you stay up high on the ridges and come with via 212! Stop here, whatsamatteru?

disclaimer; nothing against the wondeful crop producing land of Iowa where the offspring from your loins are higher than average IQ babies, beautiful women and strong and healthy young men, just riding that way godomighty! find another way!
There you go, stereotyping again. :nyah
I have been on some nice roads in Iowa.
I really don't know yet, I have to survive the Holidays. I am not sure which bike I am bringing, or which way I am going. I may also try to go in one day, drafting behind Hodag. I dunno

Would like to drop over the Big Horn Canyon Rec area if I can find the right road...

God I feel like a damn tourist...I AM A TOURIST oh noooooo!

Red

Alt. 14 is one very "right" road to ride in Bighorn country! :thumb

Well, JudJones convinced me.

I will be slabbing it south to Sisseton and then following the route through southern SD to the Black Hills. I did the northern part of the state this past sumer coming back from a weekend in the Hills.

Couple of days of 2 lane sightseeing, camping in the Bads and then to Gillette.

Homewards is still up in the air depending on time.

Would like to drop over the Big Horn Canyon Rec area if I can find the right road...

I'd like to do that too, someday. I think you can get down the west side to Lovell from Billings, but the way I heard it, to get down the east side from the Yellowtail dam, you have to know somebody on the Crow Rez. It might be easier if you just want to ride a bike, but for sure they don't want you hunting in there without permission. I haven't taken it, but there is a well-marked road from Burgess Jct. up into Montana.

We've done these roads as well (yearly trip from Central WA to southern MN). We aren't in a hurry, small town folk are friendly. Use caution at the fuel station, though, they have that nasty, crappy ethanol laden garbage that passes for fuel. We stick to premium between Billings, MT and Faribault, MN.

I'm pretty sure all fuel in MN has ethanol unless marked otherwise. Premium won't guarantee it doesn't have eth in it. Only pumps with the 'non-oxygenated' label are non-eth. I don't think everyone marks theirs, but best to ask.

http://www.motorbyte.com/norton/ethanol-free.htm

Back