• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K75S Original Litter

Didn't know if you were trying to keep track of all of the early S's or not, thought I would at least remember the last 6 of the VIN and post it. Was sort of hoping you might keep a list of what's out there. IIRC you only consider the Original Litter as the first batch of red ones that came in. It is a big event, thought how odd it was to have an 87 S parked right next to the wedge GT who's owner was the original owner of an 87 S!

When I started this thread, I was looking for bikes from the first month of US Ss (May 1986) but, it's been fun to have ALL the US spec K75Ss report in. We've even had two consecutive numbered (different owners from different parts of the country) report in.

The number of existing US K75Ss compared to the original 4600 produced is getting smaller every month. Every month I see another one being parted out. I would bet that there are less than 3000 left, so it's nice to see or hear about ANY year S.:thumb

:dance:dance:dance

Lee,
Rereading this thread and thought I would post even though I am far away from the original litter. But I think I am the only one so far with a 1993 and the only one so far in Silk Blue(Seidenblau) color. 153875.

David Sword

Yellow Brick Road #154439

Hi Lee,

Met you at the Niner's rally earlier this year and finally getting around to posting my litter number on my 94s... #154439.. along with a picture... Great thread.. Keep em' flying!!

Attachments

• Island in May 040.jpg
    Island in May 040.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 127
k75s tank cover

Hi Lee,

Met you at the Niner's rally earlier this year and finally getting around to posting my litter number on my 94s... #154439.. along with a picture... Great thread.. Keep em' flying!!

Where did you get that tank cover?

My '87 K75s is #0558 October '86 as I recall (the production decal is no longer on the bike)
Beautiful Black, Color Code: 608
Just hit the 80k mile mark and still running strong.
56031134230284485591820.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

0558 Born September 1986.

Another first year US spec K75S in sexy Avus Black. :thumb

Saw the picture on page 85 of "Post a picture of your Kbike" SWEET!

0250 is still running strong in southern Indiana. I've had it for 4 years now, but I just spotted this post. It isn't red anymore, but I've been trying to get it looking as good as I can!
K75_062115.jpg

150250 born May 27, 1986 as a Red Metallic U.S. Spec K75S, twelve days after the start of U.S. production (May 15).

Old thread, but two adding two siblings owned by two siblings..

Interesting last three numbers reversed between our S's.

4192, a '93 Mystic Red Metallic (689) K75S with ABS. Born Dec.16, 1992.

4291, a '93 or possibly a '94 Classic Black Metallic (670) K75S with ABS. Born Aug. 4,1993. If it was a '94, It was the very first one for the U.S. market.

4192, a '93 Mystic Red Metallic (689) K75S with ABS. Born Dec.16, 1992.

4291, a '93 or possibly a '94 Classic Black Metallic (670) K75S with ABS. Born Aug. 4,1993. If it was a '94, It was the very first one for the U.S. market.

4291....the first 94!

Both superb examples.:thumb

If you're ever in California, you're more than welcome to leave them and the keys with me.:evil

When I started this thread, almost 9 years ago, I was curious how many of the first month US spec K75Ss were still going strong (since I own #0081, built on the second day [May 16,1986] of US production). 14 of the May 1986 bikes responded, including Paul Glaves with #0019, built on the first day (May 15,1986). For some unknown reason, I was always a little jealous.:dunno

Well, last month I rectified the situation. After a year of tracking and negotiating, I finally purchased #0005.

This bike was owned by BMW North America for the first two years of its life. It was a "Distributor Demo" (press bike). It would be loaned to magazines for articles and test rides. It was first wholesaled to CalMoto in Mountain View, California in May of 1988 (two years after it was built) and retailed to the public for the first time later that month. The press guys must have been hard on it, as I have noticed several fairing pieces on it with stickers that indicate they were made days or weeks AFTER the bike was built.

It only has 18,000 on the clock, verified by the lawyer that I purchased it from. He bought it in the early 1990s from the original owner with 4000 miles on it. The guy I bought it from, stopped riding it much, other than to the store, when his kids were born around 2000. His wife is a nurse, so I think she had a big say in that decision. It sat until his brother decided that he knew how to ride. He didn't. He dropped it and did some cosmetic damage that was never fixed. The bike sat for almost a decade before I bought it. It now joins my 5 other K75Ss, some awaiting various degrees of restoration. Never enough time!

P1010491.jpg

If anyone has any info on #0001-0004 or any other of the "Distributor Demo" bikes and how that was handled, please get in touch with me (PM me with your phone # and I'll call you). I'd greatly appreciate it!

Last edited:
Back