• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K75S Original Litter

Coincidentally, there's also 154442 (Dakar Yellow '94 K75S) up on ebay right now. Some fellow in NY has it at a starting bid of $5,200, BIN $5,500.

Pristine but bare bones, low-mileage example.

The auction closes in about an hour from now... #160408797588 if anyone's also curious.

PS to GlacierDan

PS: GlacierDan

Your bike looks really nice and I see it has some good farkles installed. I know of someone in PA that is looking for an S so I'll give him a head's up.:thumb

I like the Dakar Yelow too. If the GT were paid off.......
I still sort of hope my old bike might come my way again. Colombia Silver is still my favorite.
Was there a plain "silver" color offered? Trying to think if I saw one back in the day in silver, possibly with an unusual seat color, like a reddish color, from the factory?

Gilly

Was there a plain "silver" color offered? Trying to think if I saw one back in the day in silver, possibly with an unusual seat color, like a reddish color, from the factory?

Gilly

Three silvers are listed for the K75S: Columbia Silver, Brilliant Silver Metallic, and Arctic Silver Metallic.

Not sure if all of them were available in the U.S.

Here is an early (note rear brake reservoir) '88 UK spec K75S in Brilliant Silver Metallic code #623:

K75S Bright Silver 623.jpg

:dance:dance:dance

Here is a '95 non-US spec (no fork reflectors) K75S in Arctic Silver Metallic with the red seat:
Arctic Silver Metallic '95  non-US.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, that's what I saw! Weird combo. Wonder how many had the red seat left on for more than a few years?

Gilly

Just came across this thread. I have 150541 10/86 and 151572 8/87. Also have 2 K75's with 131212 6/86 and 131650 9/86.

Little K75S Detail

Never had the rear compartment under the seat off of my K75S before, discovered the "made in West Germany" stamped in the frame.

Attachments

• K75S_Made_in_Germany.jpg
    K75S_Made_in_Germany.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 121
Just came across this thread. I have 150541 10/86 and 151572 8/87. Also have 2 K75's with 131212 6/86 and 131650 9/86.

Welcome mw074, :wave:wave:wave

What colors are your bikes?

The '87 (150541) should be Red Metallic (541), Onyx Black Metallic (622), or Columbia Silver (616) I believe.

The '88 (151572) should be the same or possibly Brilliant Silver Metallic (623).

POST PICTURES!!!!!

What corner of the continent do your bikes reside in?

Last edited:
#3570 here. '92 Marrakesh Red. It had a low seat on it when I bought it. (A must for these short legs.) S's didn't have that option, did they? It's been a great bike and I don't plan to sell it. It has only 30K miles on it and it's mostly a garage queen until the warranty on my F800ST expires.

Dave
Cedar Falls, IA

The 87 is probably red but may be black, too early to be Colombia Silver.
Unsure what the colors were for the US in 88. It seems like the first run of the 'black engine bikes" were red?

Gilly

153570 Born February 1992. :dance

Welcome Dave.:wave

I don't know if Ss were ever able to be ordered with a low seat from the factory, but possibly could have been a dealer installed option if the dealer and the customer agreed on how much extra to convert it.:dunno

But I don't really have a clue. Anyone know for sure???

More than likely it was converted latter in life.

Post pictures!!!!

Last edited:
153570 Born February 1992. :dance

Welcome Dave.:wave

I don't know if Ss were ever able to be ordered with a low seat from the factory, but possibly could have been a dealer installed option if the dealer and the customer agreed on how much extra to convert it.:dunno

But I don't really have a clue. Anyone know for sure???

More than likely it was converted latter in life.

Post pictures!!!!

Here's #3570. I've really enjoyed getting to "know" folks on this board and I'm looking forward to meeting as many as possible at upcoming rallies. The picture software for this board is nice, too.

Attachments

• K75S for web posting.jpg
    K75S for web posting.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 94
Here's #3570. I've really enjoyed getting to "know" folks on this board and I'm looking forward to meeting as many as possible at upcoming rallies. The picture software for this board is nice, too.

SWEET!!!

I love red Ss!

Non-US Spec?

Here is a '95 non-US spec (Us spec bikes were only built through the '94 model year) K75S in Arctic Silver Metallic with the red seat:
View attachment 22247

This looks exactly like my 95. When you say it's non-US spec (which apparently mine is), what are the differences?

Thanks,
Tim

This looks exactly like my 95. When you say it's non-US spec (which apparently mine is), what are the differences?

Thanks,
Tim

Does your registration actually say '95 model? Was it first sold in 1994?

If so, I was incorrect in my earlier statement that Ss were only built for the US through the '94 model year. When your bike was built #154547 was after the summer model year change. So, I guess BMW actually made 75 bikes for the '95 model year in August and September of '94.

Yours is a US spec bike because the VIN ends in 15xxxx. Non- US-spec Ss ended in 10xxxx and 21xxxx.

A few differences that I can think of are no side reflectors and the tank not vented to the crankcase (a good thing to change on US bikes), KM instead of miles on the speedo and a headlight shutoff switch. Nothing really substantial, but BMW decided to give US-spec bikes distinct VIN # sequence.

Oh yeah, and right hand drive.:stick

Back