• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

"New" old K75 in the stable

Congrats on the find... Listen to the rest of these folks! They are awesome.. Your find has taught me a few things too..

Warning Light?

My Clymers makes no mention of the significance of the ! within the triangle warning light between the green neutral light and the high beam indicator on this K75S. It came on just after filling the tank today. The bike seems to be running perfectly as far as I can tell. No ABS on this machine so I'm wondering what the light means. Anyone?

Paul

My Clymers makes no mention of the significance of the ! within the triangle warning light between the green neutral light and the high beam indicator on this K75S. It came on just after filling the tank today. The bike seems to be running perfectly as far as I can tell. No ABS on this machine so I'm wondering what the light means. Anyone?

Paul

This light is the rear light bulb check. If the tail light or brake light after engaging hand and foot brake pedal will not light, this light stays on. Check you bulbs in the tail light.

You cleared up for me on another post RosanaRosana Dana and said I was probably a little tike then. I was mistaken, but we are the same age 56.

Ralph Sims

Hi, Paul,
The (!) within the red triangle is the brake warning light. It should go out after you use both your front brakes and rear brakes. If it stays on, it usually means you have a burned out taillight bulb or brakelight bulb. Even if they are on, change them. The warning light should then go out. If it doesn't, there may be a wiring problem and someone else can give you some further advice. When you change the bulb(s), I would advise using European bulbs instead of a brass colored base US bulb. The silver colored European bulbs seem to work better.

Brake Light Warning Indicator

Thanks to all who posted on my /!\ indicator lamp function. Hmmm ... brake lamp or switch failure. And to think I was worried it might be something SERIOUS! :whistle

Paul

Mine will occasionally not go out unless I do some rather abrupt application of the brakes. Sometimes even that will not make it go out so then at the next stop I turn the bike off, restart, apply the brakes and voila, the red triangular light goes off. I had a dealer look at it once but it seems to be a gremlin that occasionally travels resides in my bike.

Pics At Last!

First decent day (clear, dry, almost 50 degrees) in a while here so took the "new" old girl out for a 50 mile shake-down cruise. I am fairly impressed; this is probably the smoothest, sweetest handling non-Japanese bike I've ridden in some time. The forward riding position would take some getting used to but, for the short hops, it's perfect! She makes my '02 R1150RT seem a bit rough. And to think she sat in a barn for 17 years without being started!

Well, I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I've enjoyed this project. I've still got the lower fairing off as I need to get some fiberglass work done on it; the shippers who delivered it to the PO must have used a belly strap to lift it onto the trailer and cracked the lower fairing in a couple of places. C'est la vie! (Actually, it looks pretty good without it!)

And again, thanks to all of you who have advised me on this project. Without your help, this would have been a LOT harder!

Dr. Paul

Attachments

• HPIM1550.JPG
    HPIM1550.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 115
'88 k75s marakesh red

When I put it in gear on the center stand, the rear wheel sort of clicks. Is this normal? There is no indication of any problem while riding though. I use the bike almost everyday. 10,000 miles since a spline check, 40,000 on the bike now!
Thanks, R. Cannon

:type Good reason to add Stabil Fuel stabaliser every winter's sleep.:german

Back