• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Commuting: Agony or Ecstasy?? you Decide...

R

rocketman

A Matter of Attitude

The day started gray, as fall days often do
But the ride in was still pleasant
Dawn lit the mist, softening distant images

fall1.jpg

When I got to work
The tree were busy preparing for winter
Taking their last long drink of fall

fall2001.jpg

Riding home that afternoon
I took the back roads as I always do
City streets hold no attraction for a rider

fall7001.jpg

If you’re a rider you’ll understand
If not, there’s no point in my trying
to explain it, just accept it and move on

fall8001.jpg

I stopped at an old cemetery I pass every day
And had been meaning to stop at
But never had, today was somehow different

fall3001.jpg

There were headstones that spoke from
Days gone by, Names remembered with flowers
Other forgotten and faded into the dim past

fall4001.jpg

The trees seemed happy with the recent rain
And shook their branches in greeting as I wandered among the stones,
My cohort and provider waiting patiently nearby

fall5001.jpg

Its nearly winter and the colors are late this year
Perhaps nature was just playing with us
I can’t blame her for that, who likes being predictable?

fall6001.jpg

Then it was time to leave
But not before one more stop
The ride and the walk needed a final point of reflection

fall9001.jpg

RM

Last edited:
Ecstacy!

:clap Nice photos, Rocketman! (R U riding a K12LT now??:nono ) :nyah

I got up early the other morning for work, and even tho it was 28 deg. I opted to ride the 25 miles into Roanoke. Lucky for me I took the scenic road over Chestnut Mtn. and got to see this. It was even more spectacular in person:
222154404-S.jpg

:bikes

It's all in the attitude

RM,

Stunningly beautiful pictures. Very, very nice. . . . Out west here we just don't see colors like these. Wow.

Tanks guys!

Hey Hank :wave hows tricks? long time no see.. say I didn't know your brother was up this way, I saw his report on you-alls recent ride on the local BMW squared board . Nice! And yeah, sunrises from mountain views are really something, ain't they?

Tom, well we have colors, you guys got them wide open spaces and desert blooms are quite something as I discovered on my recent trip to Cabo. So much great diversity, always something new to discover, our little blue marble sure is spectacular. Some day I gotta make it out west by bike and ride some Real mountains!:D
Oh and those were all with my little Cyber Shot P&S, it does handle color space nicely, course I did do some editing to make the color snap (which kinda blew out the sky in a few, coulda masked it, but what the hey). it was the combination of free-form poetry and mood set by the photos that I spent the real effort on. I've been getting kinda lax on my writing of late..
RM

NIce colors, nice composition, and the "point of reflection" double entendre, very clever. :clap

Back