• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

Slimey Crud Run near Madison.

Since you live in Highwood, you also know that a few of us tend to assemble at The Full Moon in Lake Bluff on Sunday mornings from April to November - weather permitting. Most of us buy breakfast and/or coffee and meet other riders. Mostly European bikes and a nice crowd. Welcome!:groovy
Hello Beemer 1, First thank you for selling me the relay and LED for my K75 brake light. That was very generous of you. I didn't get up to the Full Moon yesterday, because I went up to Slimey Crud. there were thousands of bikes up there. The roads near there were phenomenal, and Kirk from Northern Illinois Motorrad was a great ride partner. I would seriously recommend hooking up with them. There is a meeting Thursday at the Hilton Garden Suites in St Charles at 630pm this Thursday. That ride up there was Epic.

Stay in touch, you said you knew a fellow who was delivering a 1600 back from the east coast. PM me is info if you are willing to share his contact info.
Uncle Jim.

anyone still active in this thread?

Is this thread still active? Have a sister on the North Shore looking for riding buddies...(I'm the little sister that got her into riding) PM me if there's anyone out there

Just showup at the Fullmoon. Always someone riding somewhere just ask!

Don't rule out joining the Chicago Region BMW Owners Club.
Or the Northern Illinois BMW Riders Club.
They always have a little sumpin' going on.
All rider skill levels accepted!
C-Ya there!
Rich

Alaska05093.jpg

Hi Straydog,

there are indeed two active chapters of the MOA here in Chicago. I'm the Regional Coordinator for MOA and am happy to introduce her to the clubs and she can decide which fits her goals and likes. The Northern Illinois Motorrad club just had an excellent campout weekend in Galena, and the Chicago Chicago is one of the oldest in the country and have rides every Monday Evening in reason.

Back