• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

The F8ST did quite well in the wind, I was surprised. I guess it presents a smaller profile than my RT. In a crosswind it was quite stable. Surprisingly the most bouncing I got was when I was headed into the wind.
Sure did feel good to be riding again.
I always liked smaller bikes in the wind,i like them under 500#with lower stand so they don't work like sailboats.Another think i noticed when riding Rt is when windshield was up felt like a tug boat trying fight the wind.All RT's with cupping of the front tire are caused by the weight of the wind pushing the tall windscreen down(wing/spoiler effect).You will be surprised how much is changed when a larger screen is used.At 70 mph you can double the down force on your front tire.

You will be surprised how much is changed when a larger screen is used. At 70 mph you can double the down force on your front tire.

Heya Martin! :wave

I will let you know. Just popped a Cee Bailey + 2 on the RT last weekend. Definitely changes airflow over the top.

Heya Martin! :wave

I will let you know. Just popped a Cee Bailey + 2 on the RT last weekend. Definitely changes airflow over the top.

On my tiger when i went from stock to cee bailey i noticed allot down force and more grip in speeds over 55.when using my other screen with adjustable spoiler i can tune my front end traction(all those in higher speeds)Running tall windshield front tire pressure should be increased,at list i do with good results in performance.

I got a no time to ride at the moment but i will try to get out on the bike this weekend.
To many bikes to get ready and everyone wants it "now".:laugh

I dont know who did but I wish they would stop already.

I did get out yesterday for my Sunday morning LSD ride
and it was a little chilly. I dont know what was worse, the
weather or the potholes coming out of the city on I-55....jeez.

I skipped a lot...

I'm new to this site, and middle aged. I live near the lake (the big lake) north of the city. I saw the first few posts on this subject of a Suburban Chicago group, so I skipped 71 pages to get here.

Did this group ever get organized?

ÔÇöTom

Hi Tom -

This is a VERY loosely (poorly?) organized group. :dunno However we've pulled off several weekends rides and a lot of Sunday rides.

The Chicago BMW MOA chapter, however is VERY organized with at least one ride a week from April thru November.:hug

I belong to both!

Meet for 2hr loop?

I usually get out on Sunday mornings...could meet up somewhere.
PM me.

Could meet at my place (Warrenville) for a 2hr loop through Geneva, La Fox, Burlington, South Elgin and back down to W'ville on Rt-25. The loop skirts all those towns, so it's mostly on farm roads. Steve can split off, if he needs to, at any point since the loop tends to go to the Northwest.

Let me know,
Jer

Back