• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

Picky, picky, picky.....:laugh

DSCF6003.jpg

Count Me In

I would love to ride with a group of other riders. At the end of last year I lost my cousin rider buddy to a corporate move and earlier this year lost another rider friend who I had ridden with several times last summer and had planned to ride with almost everyday this summer. So needless to say I am looking for some people to ride with.

Thanks

Welcome -

This is a decidedly informal group - we often meeting on Sunday mornings at the Full Moon in Lake Bluff and ride Southern Wisconsin from there. Stay tuned - we even have tech days occasionally!

I'm too close by to miss it.

I'm hoping to make it to Steamer's tonight. I won't be on the R80RT, but the KLT is out from under its winter wraps! :groovy

Have fun,
Jer

Get out and ride today

The skillethead is saying something like 88 for a high today but the weather will be deteriorating later this afternoon so get your butts up and out and give your ride(s) a shakedown.
I got the RT out of mothballs yesterday, checked out a new windscreen I popped on. Wowzers, what a difference.
The F is next today.

August weather in April, get 'er done! :burnout

Heading out in about 30 minutes...breakfast with my sister and then we will go from there for a bit...

Winds are suppose to pick up after noon...I just hate riding in high winds...

Did 350 miles yesterday,just to see if i could after being sickly most of the winter.Was pretty tired when i got home,but not any worse than the first ride usually brings..Ed

Good ride. Down to the Little Red Schoolhouse area. Run around the Saganashkee, over to Lemont and home again.
All bikes up and running. Will need to visit a dealer and get the periodic maintenance done. Then good to go!

Did well over 150 miles yesterday and at some points could really feel the wind gusts moving my bike around.

Out the door at 5:30am, down the Eisenhower to Lake Shore Drive and that is where I could really feel the wind. On and off LSD up to Hollywood for breakfast and the Shuffle and then back on expressways out to DeKalb and finally back to Downers Grove.

Nice ride but at some points the wind was pretty bad.

The F8ST did quite well in the wind, I was surprised. I guess it presents a smaller profile than my RT. In a crosswind it was quite stable. Surprisingly the most bouncing I got was when I was headed into the wind.
Sure did feel good to be riding again.

Back