• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

Did we ever form a chicago area rider group?

Folks -- not to get back on topic, but am curious whether a group ever formed from this original post. Do we have a western suburbs riding group?

Thanks.

Pete

Folks -- not to get back on topic, but am curious whether a group ever formed from this original post. Do we have a western suburbs riding group?

Thanks.

Pete

Kind of a clearinghouse for get togethers. We meet when we can and ride or whatever. All are welcome.

But I could start earlier in the morning!

The guys over on ADV gave me some other things to look at to explain that left cylinder rattle -

Anyone riding this Sunday???

I can get out later in the morning. I am dropping off my parents at the airport early am but I would love to ride... anywhere. Up for a later start?

Unfortunately because of the airport drop off, I can't ride with Wezul and Steve

Thanks.

Pete

Is this the Pete from last year's tech day? Where the heck have you been I heard third hand you sold your RT and bought an HD? :wave

Saturday ride

I need to start logging some serious weekend miles - I leave for Alaska in less than 6 weeks!

Open to a ride tomorrow - would be happy to accomodate Kurt's later start time - aiming at 200 miles +.

I need to start logging some serious weekend miles - I leave for Alaska in less than 6 weeks!

Open to a ride tomorrow - would be happy to accomodate Kurt's later start time - aiming at 200 miles +.

I can do Sat ride in the am anytime as long as I can be back early afternoon - I can break away from the group about 1pm.

I am doing Easter with the parents Sat because they are leaving on Sunday. Any heathens want to ride Sunday?

Thanks.

Pete

Their's several BMW groups that hang in Chi-Town.
Offically ya got's the Chicago Region BMW Owners Association #3 that meets the second Thursday of each month in Elmhurst/Villa Park area.
http://www.crbmw.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

Then ya got's this place/resturant,called the Full Moon, in I believe North Chicago
off of Rt 41 and Rt137.... 'bout 5-8 minutes east of 294 on 137,at 41 head south a block or so,ya can't miss it on the East side of the street.
Many bikes,all kinds of 'cycle brethern,stop,look,BS,make new friends!!!
You'll be hooking up with friends in "No time"!!

I can leve after 11:30 and 200+, no problem,what you got in mind for a route?

You want to do Nitro route to Dixon,Il and back.Give me a call if that will work for you.
I know of small trail neer a Rockford airport you can try your off road skills.

Let me know,y2k.

Afternoon ride -

Curt - totally understand the AM ride thing, but I do need to leverage Martin's off road route to get some practical gravel experience!

11:30 kickstands up at Da Moon - Marcin - you're on!

Curt - totally understand the AM ride thing, but I do need to leverage Martin's off road route to get some practical gravel experience!

11:30 kickstands up at Da Moon - Marcin - you're on!

FLYING PIG RUN

Full Moon is to far NE,meet me at my place due to route is SW from me.Leave the top box and side casess home(tank bag is ok)crash bars will be tested,trust me on this one:laugh .Did you ever see pig fly :scratch ??

Crash bars will NOT be tested..

I'll stay out of anything that resembles messy riding. :doh Gravel only folks as I learn to handle this thing on messy surfaces.

Oops -

Bikeinsand.jpg

Bikeindeepmud2.jpg

Marcin is in Colorado

for some spring riding. I hope the 3' of snow that fell out there doesn't affect his offroading.

Perhaps he brought chains?:stick

for some spring riding. I hope the 3' of snow that fell out there doesn't affect his offroading.

Perhaps he brought chains?:stick

ok,here is few pics from the trip:

Colorado

DSCF3011.jpg

Utah

DSCF3038.jpg

DSCF3318.jpg

DSCF3324.jpg

DSCF3035.jpg

Arizona :scratch WTF 21F:dunno

DSCF3067.jpg

California