• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

Happy Holidays

I was reserching heated gear and i think i my case i will get gloves and vest.
Are you guys plan to meet somware in chicago aera to make plans and talk about the trip?Im up for if.

Hey all,

I've been trading emails and we have a time and date to meet and plan out a trip or two.

Who can make a meeting on 1/09 (wed) in Lake Bluff? Beemer01 suggested we meet at 6pm at:

Mccormick's Restaurant & Lounge
5 N Skokie Hwy, Lake Bluff, IL 60044-1764, United States

I know its a bit far north for some but we can trade off on locations over time.

Happy Holidays

~ curt

I'm in - (Obviously!)

Look forward to seeing Uncut and Ghostrider and others there. I'll be the one riding up on the K100RS. Well, perhaps not. :bikes

Anyhow, I'll be the 53 year young guy in the bar area with some maps. :bar

I may be able to make it.

Although it's 1.5 wks away, I think I should be able to make at the suggested location.

McCormick's Restaurant & Lounge, Lake Bluff

Martin,

Here's the link to McCormick's Restaurant with map, address, and a phone number.

I used the "hybrid", and got close up, and it's not easy to access. Looks like the entrance is from Rt. 176 through Shagbark Road, or if you come from Rt. 41, then enter into Washington Avenue, which turns into Shagbark Road.

Well, I went directly to maps.google.com, and it shows on the east side of Rt 41 versus the west side. Now, I'm more confused - one address but two different ways to map it :banghead

Last edited:
McCormicks -

McCormicks is a nothing special joint that has been there since 41 was an Indian trail. Across from Knauz BMW et al just off 176. There is a nursery (plants) in season... just behind that.

January 9th - I will not be riding,,, the K is undergoing a transmission swith ectomy,so is in many pieces.:banghead

When this forum got started, this is really what we hoped would come out of it - riders meeting other riders and getting together.

:thumb

K Bike Maintenance

Ghostrider - I do my own work, though thus far nothing too difficult.

The current project is taking longer than expected due to the fact that I'm attempting to remove bolts that haven't seen the light of day in 25 years - and seemingly would prefer to stay in place. :banghead

BMWRA RAlly in Upper Peninsula

I just stumpled upon this BMW RA UP Rally, which is in June 19 -22, 2008. I would like to find out more, but it could be more than I wanna ride. Anyhoo, I saw this and wanted to share with the group.

I just stumpled upon this BMW RA UP Rally, which is in June 19 -22, 2008. I would like to find out more, but it could be more than I wanna ride. Anyhoo, I saw this and wanted to share with the group.

This may work out - a couple days at the rally plus a ring around the lake. Some others were thinking of doing a different ride down south instead of up North earlier in the year as we had initially proposed.

Please join in on the 9th and we can put together an early itinerary.

BMW RA & Lake Ride

HTML:
This may work out - a couple days at the rally plus a ring around the lake.

I rode solo around Superior & Lake Michigan last September (7 days, 3,000 miles). I found few writups on the trip although many have made the route. I traveled every peninsula except for Copper so I may try to catch the RA just so I can check that one off to. I'm already planning a 10 day Gillette trip so the RA trip will be short. If you Chicago area riders want a ride along the river down here, I'm game. You're meeting place is to far north for me. I wrote up my lake trip and can share if interested.

HTML:
This may work out - a couple days at the rally plus a ring around the lake.

I rode solo around Superior & Lake Michigan last September (7 days, 3,000 miles). I found few writups on the trip although many have made the route. I traveled every peninsula except for Copper so I may try to catch the RA just so I can check that one off to. I'm already planning a 10 day Gillette trip so the RA trip will be short. If you Chicago area riders want a ride along the river down here, I'm game. You're meeting place is to far north for me. I wrote up my lake trip and can share if interested.

You're welcome to join in + we probably will head down south sometime during the year.
- curt

I may ride this one. If Wezul will give me a ride to the meeting on Wed. I will be able to meet all who show.:whistle

Back