• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

Profuse apologies

I was ready, honest. Even updated the GPS so to be sure not to get lost. Put it back on the bike the night before after testing; everything's fine.
Got up Saturday morning, nice and early, don't want to be late. Warm up the bike, fire up the GPS. Yes, I accept! Where to? Address. Select city.
REBOOT.
What the f . . . . . :scratch
Ok, stupid me I did something wrong.
Where to. Address. Select city.
REBOOT.
Uh, yeah. This is not good.
REBOOT.
REBOOT. :dunno
It's a little after 8. Ok, I know where Woodfield is, not real sure where this bakery is but I can find it, right? No problem! :blah
So I meander up 53. Old 53 not that awful slab 355, no. Get up to the destined area with about 40 minutes to spare. Ok, good, let's find a place to top off the tank, they'll be happy I did this so we can just blast. Fine. Run around for 20 minutes, find a gas station and top off. It's a little after 9 now better find this bakery. It's on Woodfield Drive how hard could it be, right? :bolt
Well guys, I orbited Woodfield and it's peripheries for almost 45 minutes looking for this darn bakery and never found it.
So I ended up on 355 north venting my frustrations and before you know it I'm at Lake-Cook road. Ok, head west. Then it was what, 62? Then 14 northwest. Then 173 west I think and here we are at Rock Cut State park.
Then I called Rae and told here of my misadventures. While on the phone I'm looking casually at my plates and I realize that the tags on my plate are expired! New ones at home sitting on the kitchen counter!
So I rode home hoping I wouldn't get a ticket.
Got home and figured I'd blown one of the GPS updates so do them again. Restart and test.
Same thing.
Lovely.
Soooooo, I poke around in the firmware on the GPS, find some button that will "reset factory defaults". Pressed that, GPS goes through a reboot and prompts for setup and sure enough, we're up and running.
What a delightful lesson.
At least the ride to Rock Cut and back was decent. Great to be back on the bike again. :thumb
Sorry I made you guys wait.

Last edited:
Saturday was a beautiful day

Today, I changed the oil/filter. I might just go for a few mile spin and test out my new Gerbing also. It's 53 deg. and windy.

Back