• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

is this bike make my a$$ look fat?

100_0816.jpg

100_0817.jpg

Last edited:
Back from Chicago

Thanks to all who gave me advice on eating establishments in your fair city. We ended up at Santorinis and had a VERY good meal. Best grilled octopus ever!

Ride on Sunday?

My K is running perfectly :bow and my new Stich should have arrived - so I'm ready to roll! Anyone up for a ride????:bikes :groovy Perhaps up into the Kettle Moraine region?

Chicago area BMW dealer

I wasn't sure exactly where to post this request for help but I though this was a Chicago based thread so I'd try here.

I'm looking at a bike at South Suburban Suzuki BMW in Chicago Heights. Has anyone ever had any dealings with this dealer? Are they honest enough to buy a bike through the Internet without actually having seen the bike in person? Also, does anyone have any experience in actually purchasing one this way. I'm a bit apprehensive about sending a check to someone that I don't know anything about. How can I protect myself?

Thanks

Show us a link to the dealer/bike. Maybe some member or friend of one can check it out for you.:thumb

Last edited:
Sunday Ride!

I'm thinking about meeting at Full Moon on 41, having breakfast and KICKSTANDS UP at 9:00.

Mosey up to 50 in Wisconsin, find some Rustic Roads with lots of twisties, get up into the Kettle Moraine region about noon and be back home by 2:00.

Snowed yesterday in Pennsylvania - not many beautiful fall weekends left!

Working all weekend. Maybe with a nap I could do Sunday around 1pm.
. Anyone for a ride?

Last edited:
Chicago events in early december

I'm going to Chicago the first weekend in December. Are there any motorcycle related activites or sites I need to see while I'm in town? Also, do I need to look up any dealers or shops for a hat or tshirt? I was in NYC last year and went to the Ferrari dealership in Manhattan and picked up a hat that I proudly wear (since I can't afford to drive one!).

Thanks in advance

Well.......

.....There's a great HD museum up the road in Milwaukee.

I'm sure my esteemed associates will have a raft of great ideas in early December here in Chicago. I, frankly, have none.

Wonderful city, just not very motorcycle centric in the winter.:hungover

I'm going to Chicago the first weekend in December. Are there any motorcycle related activites or sites I need to see while I'm in town? Also, do I need to look up any dealers or shops for a hat or tshirt? I was in NYC last year and went to the Ferrari dealership in Manhattan and picked up a hat that I proudly wear (since I can't afford to drive one!).

Thanks in advance

first weekend of dec. in chicago you got toys for tots motorcycle parade.is worth to check it out.i'm riding this year .good luck,y2k

Today's ride - And a proposal for a new ride..

Simply outstanding. Marcin knows some very pretty twisty roads up in Wisconsin... the leaves were stunning and the air was brisk.:whistle

Weather permitting I'm proposing a group ride the day after Thanksgiving. Last year went out to Starved Rock - paralleled the river on both sides, and had a lunch that couldn't be beat out in Ottawa. :thumb

Anyone else interested? :dance

Last year it was clear and 25 degrees... this year?

Back