• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

Summer days are waning - the early leaves are starting to fade - in a few weeks they'll be falling.

Any of the Chicago Riders up for a 1/2 day ride this weekend? Perhaps up to Lake Geneva and some Rustic Roads?

If you don't do this, you'll regret it come winter.........:deal
What a tease you are!:deal

Working on the trip report - a few more pics from the Arctic along the Dempster Highway.

P5290195.jpg

P5290192.jpg

WOW! What a trip! What was the other bike you rode?

See the Trip report - Chasing Winter and the Midnight Sun..

My friend on this trip rode a Kawasaki 650 twin, heavily modified. Of course I think my 1150GS was the better machine.... but both bikes finished the ride. My other ride is an 85 K100RS - 'the finest year', but probably would not have been the right machine to ride to Deadhorse and back.

The 1150 had significantly more passing ummph, no chain to lube and futz with and had a bigger gas tank.

Fun adventure.

Curt and anyone else..

I do want to ride tomorrow - but not a whole day thing. Back by noonish.

Full Moon in Lake Bluff?:eat

I'm an 'early' kinda guy -

I'll be there eating by 9:00. :eat Need a roll call - Bruce and Curt? Aim for kickstands up at 9:45.

mobile 312-804-2293 :doh

Hi Bryan,
Yeah, that's early. :laugh Too for me but Pontiac next weekend and the Dells up the street a bit, we'll catch up.

Uncutshirt and Beemer01 did a short trip

Rt 71 from Oswego to Ottawa and McKinley Road back along the Illinois River. Hot riding, but nice country (for Illinois).

The Chicago Riders will do a repeat of the Quincy trip - probably in September. Nice two day loop running along river roads, this is the one that Steve bailed on last year because he'd heard a rumor that it might rain. :bolt

Stay tuned, I think Curt is going to take the stick on planning this one.

Rt 71 from Oswego to Ottawa and McKinley Road back along the Illinois River. Hot riding, but nice country (for Illinois).

The Chicago Riders will do a repeat of the Quincy trip - probably in September. Nice two day loop running along river roads, this is the one that Steve bailed on last year because he'd heard a rumor that it might rain. :bolt

Stay tuned, I think Curt is going to take the stick on planning this one.

Good route - some nice twisties. I would like to go again now that I have been through it once. There are some bends that you cannot see the exit point which unnerved me a little without knowing the road.

Who's up for the Quincy ride in Sept? We went last time after the floods and we changed and rerouted several times due to flooding - those smaller less traveled roads were downright fun. Quincy is nothing special but there is a serviceable Italian restaurant with a reasonable wine selection for the dinner at the end first day of riding. Nauvoo is interesting stop and Moline has the John Deere museum

Interested in Joining

Great idea forming this group. Been looking for others with similar interests. let me know!

Calling the Chicago Riders

I'm organizing a weekend ride as follows -

9-26 Leave Chicago after breakfast, riding River Roads West winding up at the Mississippi. Route TBD. That evening in Quincy, Ill - camping not far from the River - cheap hotels are available for those that prefer a comfy bed.

Italian dinner and a riding tour of Quincy's astonishing 1900 vintage mansions. National Geographic calls this town on the the ten most significant architecturial towns in America.

9-27 return to Chicago via Peoria on Rt. 24.

Back by late afternoon.

Now - who's really in?:dance

Back