• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

Beautiful day, beautiful ride.

'Stopped for a bite at Rod's Packer Inn near Silver Lake for a burger and a couple of Cokes. Lakes just glisten these days with the leaves down - lots of bonfires scented the air.:heart

100 or so miles.:nyah

Was a beautiful day to get out and about. My thoughts were to ride till the gas light came on...so I could fill-er up with fresh gas. Did that.....about 140 mi for the day. Just a few stops and meeting up with many many many bikes on the road. And most waved!! Could this be it??? Riding in November; how good is that!

Attachments

• IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 142
Was a beautiful day to get out and about. My thoughts were to ride till the gas light came on...so I could fill-er up with fresh gas. Did that.....about 140 mi for the day. Just a few stops and meeting up with many many many bikes on the road. And most waved!! Could this be it??? Riding in November; how good is that!

I don't think we passed each other, but 140 miles... good day, good miles.
I rode down to US 11 then back zigzagging to Whitewater, before heading back home. Miles and smiles. Who cares if the Packers lost to a winless team. I enjoyed to susnshine and warmth.

Fall riding on an old K bike...

Is especially great. That heat which is a bother in the summer, is welcome in the Spring and Fall!!

I saw Marcin today, he had an accident the other night, he's not sure what happened, but he lost control of a KTM he was riding, crashed and he woke up in a hospital 6 hours later.:sick

ATGATT saved him - his helmet, jacket and pants were toast - Doc has told him to stay off the bike for a while. KTM can be repaired.

He'll be OK. I think he's off MOA - so messages posted here won't be seen by him.

I just spoke to him. He said a raccoon ran out and under his wheel and he flew at @ 40mph over the bike and landed head first. At least that's what he was told. He does not remember. Must have been a big raccoon.

He won't be able ride or drive for a few weeks.

Only Marcin ... would be able to share a story like that ;)

Take Care Marcin

189 miles on Saturday...

A beautiful day - wound up donning and plugging in my electric jacket liner around 12:30 when the sun vanished somewhere East of Lake Geneva.:D

I like the colors of the Wisconsin farmlands and forests this time of year.

Watch out for Bambi however.:nono

I gather the rest of the crew has parked their bikes for the season?:cry

A beautiful day - wound up donning and plugging in my electric jacket liner around 12:30 when the sun vanished somewhere East of Lake Geneva.:D

I like the colors of the Wisconsin farmlands and forests this time of year.

Watch out for Bambi however.:nono

I gather the rest of the crew has parked their bikes for the season?:cry

+1 on Bambi, my greatest fear. I did a "stroll" ride around Lake Geneva a few times this fall. Haven't parked yet, but it's not far away. Such a sad time regarding riding, but trip planning for 2010 will be on the agenda soon.

What happen to a Chicago group?Hmmm...........................?

Anybody out there ????????:scratch

How about another tech day in April?

If anyone knows the Chicago rider who is heading for the Tetons--planned to go to Redmond but his friends backed out--please tell him the rider he stopped to help on I-80 in WY is OK. I had sudden onset vertigo. I did try to continue after he stopped and helped me, but it was impossible and I waited for a trooper to come by and call an ambulance (no cell reception there.) I am much better now and truly appreciate his stopping to assist.

Holly

Who 'dat?

A couple days ago I'm at Old 53 and DuPage waiting for the light to change on my Vespa and here comes an RT heading north on 53, a male clad in shorts and a t-shirt. (oh no, where are the gear police?! I was wearing the same, I'm so ashamed)

Was that you?!

A couple days ago I'm at Old 53 and DuPage waiting for the light to change on my Vespa and here comes an RT heading north on 53, a male clad in shorts and a t-shirt. (oh no, where are the gear police?! I was wearing the same, I'm so ashamed)

Was that you?!

I can ... almost ... understand not being ATGATT, since it's been so hot around here lately. I happen to be doctors orders sidlined from riding for the next 3 months due to a cervical fusion, but I've still worn ATGATT in the summer. I'd rather be hot than to have to heal from road rash.

Jer

Back