• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

Its all i can do, with a wife & 3 kids, I'm lucky to even have a motorcycle! Early is the only time i can get away ...while they're still sleeping!!

Fitzgerald's Octagen House/Famous Freddy's

I talked WEZUL into it.:whistle

I do love that State Line area, Richmond and points NW. We had a perfect and I mean perfect night for a ride. I met three new friends; Cory, Pete and Butch.

I had never had Cod prepared in this fashion and yes, you may ask yourself . . . "Cod"?! "In Wisconsin"?!!!!!! (I am reminded of Baccala`). Yes and it was very good. Served with a decadent butter sauce. All you can eat, with cole slaw, potatoes, onions. For an extra dollar they also had bbq'd chicken which was also very tasty. They had a dessert table with home made apple pie. I was so stuffed after two plates I will have to sample the pie and other sweets on my next visit.

On our way home we stopped at Famous Freddy's in Fox Lake. They offer a huge outdoor deck next to the marina, I sat and gazed as I sipped an ice water. Then it was time for Cory, Steve and I to head for the barn. We rode as a group until Lake-Cook Road, I waved and it was a quick 25 minute trip down the 355 and home.

Thanks guys, I enjoyed.

Oh! And I discovered Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. A Weiss beer with a hint of lemon. For me it fit the evening perfectly.
Drink Responsibly!

Last edited:
Its all i can do, with a wife & 3 kids, I'm lucky to even have a motorcycle! Early is the only time i can get away ...while they're still sleeping!!

Ditto - can you a longer ride next weekend? Martin has a nice route up from Galena then into Wisconsin and over to Madison.

I am beat this weekend - I've got a wife and three kids too :)
I am going to have to pass for tomorrow's ride.

I can commit for next weekend 'though - I have the green light from the woman

Sunday

Ditto - can you a longer ride next weekend? Martin has a nice route up from Galena then into Wisconsin and over to Madison.

I am beat this weekend - I've got a wife and three kids too :)
I am going to have to pass for tomorrow's ride.

I can commit for next weekend 'though - I have the green light from the woman

I may be able to get out next weekend - you thinkin' Saturday or Sunday?

Sat all day. Sun I have to be back home by 3pm. Family grad party. Take your pick. Weather may be a factor. As of now it looks good but I never believe them til the day comes.
http://www.accuweather.com/forecast2.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&zipcode=60089&metric=0
Of course WEZUL has to put a damper on things.
http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USIL0153
Here is a pic from the Museum.
stevmuseum.jpg

stev2museum.jpg

I got to ride this baby.
JoesDakar.jpg

My fav
Douglas.jpg

Indybike.jpg

OldHarleyhistory.jpg

Last edited:
Steam Power!

http://www.threshingbee.org/

This weekend.

Anyone who really wants to know more about the roots of DeKalb County should visit the Sycamore Steam Show and Threshing Bee, held at the Taylor Marshall Farm, about 4 miles northeast of Sycamore on Plank Road.

While the first show was held at John Allen's Corners in Hampshire, the club that hosts the event, the Northern Illinois Steam Power Club, formed in 1957 at Halverson's Implement Co. in DeKalb. It's first board of directors meeting was held at the Daily Chronicle's original home near the corner of First and Lincoln Highway.

Fifty-two years later the show has continued to grow without forgetting its roots. One of its newest attractions is is a Steam Traction Engine built by the Illinois Thresher Company right in Sycamore.

Boring...................................................................................................:stick :p
No beer but food.

Last edited:
From Jack on the LT forum: Anyone else interested is welcome. If you're interested we can meet around 10am at the intersection of I-94 and HWY 20 in Racine County.

Sat would be best - I see others have some routes planned - not sure yet where to go - leaning against Racine because I grew up in that area and would rather forget :)
I have been everywhere else around IL. Ready to try WI as it is close by for me.

Ok, saturday ride:
meeteng spot----> corner beakery 8:00am kickstands up at 8:30
route---->rt72 west to rt2 south to rt64 west to rt84 north to 20 west to Ia rt 52 to Ia rt y9c to Wi rt 60 east to Wi rt 14 east to I-90 east.

this is a full day ride.~450 miles.
Can we shave off some miles by going rt 18 instead 60 or is the route worth it? I want to enjot the scenery too and take my time
Either way - be there at 8am.

Back