• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

I'm heading up to Door County...

In my cage with my wife, so count me out this time! The good news is that my K Bike has a brand new mirror and I fixed the stuck relay problem, so I'm good to go!:dance

Btw -

Door County is a very worthy one day or two weekend ride for the group. From my place you can reach the very tip by the Ferry in about 5 hours. Very scenic ride once you are past Milwaukee.

Anyone interested on September 27th or 28th? Or a two day ride staying over night... there is a great ferry ride to Washington Island, where it's still 1970, but with good coffee.

Doorcounty2007006.jpg

DoorCountybiketrip2007007.jpg

The guy in the Pirate outfit with the Harley is my buddy, is wears this getup on his something Glide, but has a Aerostitch hi-vis riding outfit when he rides his K1100LT. It's a peer pressure thing I guess.

Last edited:
And the fishing "ain't bad, neither".

373818945_PiEec-XL.jpg

I will have to wait to see the status on the RT before I can say "yea" or "nay" to the trip.

In the past I've

Taken 43 up to Manitowoc, then 42 along the Coast all the way up to the tip of the 'thumb' to Washington Island's ferry.

Return via 57 until it hits Sturgeon Bay.

Of course local riders may have better routes to share?

Door County is a very worthy one day or two weekend ride for the group. From my place you can reach the very tip by the Ferry in about 5 hours. Very scenic ride once you are past Milwaukee.

Anyone interested on September 27th or 28th? Or a two day ride staying over night... there is a great ferry ride to Washington Island, where it's still 1970, but with good coffee.

Doorcounty2007006.jpg

DoorCountybiketrip2007007.jpg

The guy in the Pirate outfit with the Harley is my buddy, is wears this getup on his something Glide, but has a Aerostitch hi-vis riding outfit when he rides his K1100LT. It's a peer pressure thing I guess.

I can make - my concern is the start time - I'll see what I can arrange - I assume 8 am start ?

````````````````````````````````````

Last edited:
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Last edited:
Saturday Door County Ride

OK, the plan is to meet at the Full Moon on Route 41 in Lake Bluff, kickstands up at 12:00 Noon. We're going to ride up into Door County, grab coffee and pie in one of the impossibly cute restaurants and ride back - home by 8:00 or so.

This schedule will let a few of us do some morning errands and in Curt's case let him get his beauty sleep.

Marcin is in for the 1/2 day ride - Curt? Wezul? Jack? Steve?

Not that many weekend rides left............... Snow is coming and it's going to be a lonnnnnnnng winter here on the soon to be frozen tundra.

Saturday?!
Nuts, nerts, shoot. O.K. fine, let me get on the horn to Cycle Werks tomorrow and push back the F service a week, that will be O.K. Gotta do this one Brian, I've put off riding with you too long.
Who else is coming?
Come on guys, beg, plead, kill . . . . whatever it takes.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Last edited:
'Atta boy, Marcin.
Curt? Steve? Jack? Come on!
I'm stoked. The Door should be beautiful this weekend.

OK, the plan is to meet at the Full Moon on Route 41 in Lake Bluff, kickstands up at 12:00 Noon. We're going to ride up into Door County, grab coffee and pie in one of the impossibly cute restaurants and ride back - home by 8:00 or so.

That's a pretty aggressive time line, Brian. Depart at noon, up to the Door and back by 8? Yikes! (Speed Racer hat on)!!

I'm thinking more like 10 p.m. return. Not a problem but we need to account for pie and coffee, shedding tears and fuel ups. Man, we are gonna be moving.

This schedule will let a few of us do some morning errands and in Curt's case let him get his beauty sleep.

Marcin is in for the 1/2 day ride - Curt? Wezul? Jack? Steve?

Not that many weekend rides left............... Snow is coming and it's going to be a lonnnnnnnng winter here on the soon to be frozen tundra.

I'm in!

Back