• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

Sorry guys, it's all my fault!:banghead

Last week Saturday I took my final ride of the season. Maybe an hour. Not too far from home base. Stopped to add the Stabil, and topped off the tank. Pulled into the garage did the whole battery, tires, and mothballs thing. Threw the cover over it gave it kiss, and walked away with a tear in my eye. :violin

The next day it started snowing and has not stopped since.:banghead

sorry :cry

:D

23 years of snowplowing and weather forecast say no way for me. The roads will be treacherous. I have never got in the parade anyhow. Prefer to watch the Harley riders act it out.
if by some miracle I will be at the Shell station @ 6am, Larry.

Glad U okay

Steve,

I am glad that you are okay after the bi?ch knocked you down. It could have been worse. Count your lucky stars.

B

Bik!

How's the weather out in your new West Coast environs? Have you been able to do and California riding (and lane splitting?)

Just riding

Brian,

I rode through some winding roads on rolling hills. Too afraid to do lane splitting yet. I am never in a hurry, so I've got some patience, but then if I get anxious, I may use the lane splitting law to bypass cars. :thumb

I've got to hook up with NoCal guys for some real riding for next year.

Bik -

"Winding roads in rolling hills....."

Sounds like you've landed in paradise. Especially since we're facing still another winter storm.

(Tom Skilling the weatherman is delighted, isobars all over the place.):violin

Hopefully you got out today and rode. I should have done a "shout out" to see if anyone else was available. I only rode for about 1 hour but it was one hour longer than the last month of riding time.

I am taking a ride today to CycleWerks to get the last of the bugs out from the hit and run. Better then no ride at all. Anyone off work can meet me there @1pm and I will buy you lunch.:thumb

I am taking a ride today to CycleWerks to get the last of the bugs out from the hit and run. Better then no ride at all. Anyone off work can meet me there @1pm and I will buy you lunch.:thumb

Anyone heading to the IMS show Feb 6- 8?

Anyone heading to the IMS show Feb 6- 8?

Heck...plenty of Chicago "BMW" folks will be there.
Even the people who belong to the other on-line BMW motorcycle web sites ie: ADV Riders.com...MOA.com...BMWST.com,IBMWR.com.,ChainGang....heck all kinds of folks
Our Club..Chicago Region BMW Owners Asso. #3 will also have a booth there again this year. Our club meets every second Thursday of the month (as a matter of fact tommorow night is a meeting) in Elmhurst Ill.

Here's a link to Club Web site.
http://crbmw.com/

Back