• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

I miss this bike allot.
gpz11.jpg

Steve was pretty excited and rightly so.
We took a quick hop so he could check out his quick ride and then back to his place to hide it before his wife got home. :doh
Then I dashed home before work missed me. I was successful in pulling off my 3 hour "long lunch" without detection.
Have I mentioned lately that I love my job?

Quick Sunday ride!

We're meeting at the Full Moon on 41 and riding up to Racine/Kenosha to watch the Salmon run in the rivers.

Quite a sight!

Two of us so far - anyone else interested?:dance

Culinary Help for Outsider

Dear Brethren in Chicago,
I will be a pilgrim to your shores next Sunday and Monday but have only been to your fair city a few times previously. I need to know a gooood place to eat and imbibe in Barley Therapy. We will be staying downtown for a convention. Please advise...

I will be a pilgrim to your shores next Sunday and Monday but have only been to your fair city a few times previously. I need to know a gooood place to eat and imbibe in Barley Therapy. We will be staying downtown for a convention. Please advise...

Rosebud and Morton's are good high end steakhouses with a lively crowd. Check out www.metromix.com.

At what hotel will you be staying? Depending on your locale I can check it out and give you some possibles . . .

Home away from home

Hyatt Regency, McCormick Place...don't have a clue where this is. Sunday night may be our only free time as we are working Monday and leaving 6pm Monday.

The good news is that you're in a wonderful new Hotel, the bad news is that it's a short cab ride from anyplace I'd actually recommend.

Now that we've established the cab ride - what kind of food do you like?

My esteemed associates are correct - the Rush Street area is hopping, even on a Sunday night and if steak is what you want, Gibsons (in the Rush Street area) rocks as does Sullivans.

Texas is hard to beat for Steak and Tex-Mex, however, you might want to try something different?

Rosebud (Rush Street) is good Italian - but it's big restaurant Italian as opposed to the real thing.

Talk to us - what are you looking for?:drink

Need Chicago Specific Food

I'm a foodie in addition to the BMW addiction. Good cheap food is appreciated as well as good expensive food. I would think that Chicago would have some killer ethnic restaurants...no chains. When I need a steak I just reach out my window and slice a piece off the nearest steer, so unless it's world renowned steak I would pass. Really great Italian/Polish/German/Russian/Bosco/etc. is a shoe in. My traveling companion is just a lad but relatively adventurous. Also, I need to know a great Dog stand. I've been to the famous deep dish pizza place, a famous but poorly executed rib place on the south side, a great diner downtown that does a mean Reuben and a great dog stand close to a college. Don't remember any of the names but don't want to go back to any of them (except the dog stand)so I guess that doesn't matter.

Secret Italian place edge of downtown

http://www.lascarola.com/

This place is totally Italian... but a modern Italian menu, not the heavy stuff. Zagat rated and always brilliant.

I take clients here when they want a real Chicago dining experience. 50/50 chance some of our "Outfit" guys will be dining there at the same time, so you know it's good.

(You don't want to give Joey ' The Clown' Lombardo or the Grand Avenue Crew a bad dish. Joey is actually in prison now, but the Crew is alive and well)

Their Pasta Fagiole is best best in Chicago... and perhaps North America.

And a short cab ride from Rush Street where your understudy can gaze on our version of nightlife.

Usual disclaimers.

Oh, Hot Dogs.

Gold Coast Dogs
159 N. Wabash
Chicago, IL

(312) 917-1677

Chicago Style with fries.

Last edited:
Ride Saturday or Sunday? I am off work and dying to ride the new to me steed.:eat

Last edited:
Yo gang ...

I see you guys have been riding quite a bit.

I finally parted with Chicago last weekend, and movers are bringing my bike on the truck along with the stuff. I should be getting a call tomorrow to pick up my bike.

It's in the 80s in the afternoon here in the east coast of the San Francisco bay area leaving mornings and evenings for lows in 60s.

B i k

Bik

You have moved to some of the finest riding territory in the States.

Great move - we wish you the best. And will sorely miss your detailed ride planning documents.

Back