• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BRITS in BMW MOA

Well Tonkandy, what a tw*tish load of twaddle y'w*nker. I'm b*ggered if a noddlepoppin to*ser is going to tell me a pr*t is a f*nny. That's just boll*cks! :thumb .

And you, my friend, are the dog's boll*cks.

NB. Moderator, that's a compliment
Considering what it refers to I have no idea why it's a compliment, but it is.

And you, my friend, are the dog's boll*cks.

NB. Moderator, that's a compliment
Considering what it refers to I have no idea why it's a compliment, but it is.

Izzard's Dog's Boll*cks sketch is rather splendid, then again most of his stuff is funny.

I must be watching too much "Coupling" on BBC America. I think I can understand that. :hungover

Coincidentally, I find it funny that BBC America has notifications telling people to turn on their closed captioning before watching some of the shows. I understand that stuff better than I understand some of the things I hear in the deep south. Then again, there is a Brit at work; maybe I'm just used to it.
:)

Stay away from Brits at work, you could catch language related illnesses or VD-
verbal discrepancies.

They are the Mutt's Nuts.

Dog's Boll*cks...it's got to be something to do with the fact that dogs can lick their own.
I've had two discectomies and still can't get there. To mine that is, not the dog's, I could get to a dog's boll*cks relatively easily (dachshund being an obvious exception, as I'd need to saw the legs off the stool first), but don't fancy it. Just thought that needed clearing up.

Good, now try this one

Ah yes; everyone loves to visit Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, or as I like to call it, "Saint Mary's Church in the hollow of the white hazel near a rapid whirlpool and the Church of St. Tysilio of the red cave."

Click here to listen to the pronunciation. I'm not going to try it. :)

Note: There is no space in the name; I guess vBulletin doesn't like words that long and puts the space in automatically.

I must be watching too much "Coupling" on BBC America. I think I can understand that.

Coincidentally, I find it funny that BBC America has notifications telling people to turn on their closed captioning before watching some of the shows. I understand that stuff better than I understand some of the things I hear in the deep south. Then again, there is a Brit at work; maybe I'm just used to it.

I like Coupling, but I am almost offended at those blurbs about captioning. I did grow up in the deep south, so I understand those folks OK.

But if you like British comedy, see if your local PBS runs any. BBC America will just have fairly recent stuff, but PBS stations have things going all the way back to the late '60s-early '70s.

Some of my favourites:

Are You Being Served?
Keeping Up Appearances
Good Neighbours
The Black Adder (all four series)
Thin Blue Line
Red Dwarf
The Vicar Of Dibley
Father Ted
Fools And Horses
A Bit Of Fry And Laurie
Chef!
As Time Goes By
Fawlty Towers (except for the Basil The Rat episode, which gets shown way too much!)
The Young Ones
Waiting For God

And that's just what I can think of right now.

Well Tonkandy, what a tw*tish load of twaddle y'w*nker. I'm b*ggered if a noddlepoppin to*ser is going to tell me a pr*t is a f*nny. That's just boll*cks!
I haven't chuckled so hard in days- thanks! I most definitely owe you a good tea (or pint depending on mood) whenever our paths cross! :thumb

I must be watching too much "Coupling" on BBC America. I think I can understand that. :hungover

:)

use that first line when trying to pick up girls, cause that's a girl's show:thumb

ever notice how american tv is in love with captioning. "oh, this guy's from india, he speaks perfectly understandable, grammatically correct english, but we'd better caption him cause he's a foreigner." you never see that on british television.

Sad loss.

No, not England's crushing defeat at home to the Croat team today and therby failing to qualify for the European Championships next year (English players are a bunch of pampered, over-paid prima donas, whose motivation comes in the form of high denomination notes).
Not even Scotland's failure in the 90th minute against Italy, also condeming them to an extended summer hols.
Wales and Northern Ireland...well you never expected them to get through did you?

No my sad loss is Jeff, the curly haired one from Coupling. That new bloke is a joke, just not a funny one. And as for being a girlie show, the blokes are blokes, the women are attractive and the interplay challenges Friends and wins hands down...in my opinion, with the subjects being addressed being far and away more human (usually meaning sexual).

I like Coupling, but I am almost offended at those blurbs about captioning. I did grow up in the deep south, so I understand those folks OK.

But if you like British comedy, see if your local PBS runs any. BBC America will just have fairly recent stuff, but PBS stations have things going all the way back to the late '60s-early '70s.

Some of my favourites:

Are You Being Served?
Keeping Up Appearances
Good Neighbours
The Black Adder (all four series)
Thin Blue Line
Red Dwarf
The Vicar Of Dibley
Father Ted
Fools And Horses
A Bit Of Fry And Laurie
Chef!
As Time Goes By
Fawlty Towers (except for the Basil The Rat episode, which gets shown way too much!)
The Young Ones
Waiting For God

And that's just what I can think of right now.

But even the captioning is presented in a humourous manner.
Chef with Lenny Henry..I detested that show, never laughed once.
Thin Blue Line...silly rather than funny
Never saw Good Neighbours who's in it?

Now:
The Fast Show
Drop the Dead Donkey
Big Train
Man Stroke Woman
QI
Have I got news for you
Pheonix Nights
and the excellent but disturbing League of Gentlemen's vision of Royston Vassey.

If you get a chance beg steal or borrow any of these.

Lamble my dear fellow....

Good Neighbours better known as 'The Good Life'
Penelope Keith, Paul Eddington, Felicity Kendal and Richard Briers.

The pride of Surbiton

Paul Eddington also starred in Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister

brilliant comedy!

I've got both these on DVD.

Never knew Good Neighbours was known as the Good Life.

Felicity Kendall, winner of Rear of the Year for a record amount of times I believe.
My Dad's bit of fantasy totty.

I've got both these on DVD.

Never knew Good Neighbours was known as the Good Life.

Felicity Kendall, winner of Rear of the Year for a record amount of times I believe.
My Dad's bit of fantasy totty.

Loved Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister! Wonderful humour and wit.

Back